Chapter 5 - Sunshine and River

“You think in this kind of heat I would at least tan a little bit”, I moaned as me and Rain were lay down sun bathing in the incredible heat of Florida in her back yard. “We all can't be this lucky”, she laughs as she points down to her tan stomach. I couldn't help but laugh, “Want another drink?” Rains asked still laying down with her eyes closed. “I'll go and get them, one of us may as well get some use out of the sun”, I laugh. “You treat me well”, she smiles, as I moved to stand up and slipped on some denim shorts over my bikini bottoms.

Being familiar around the Phoenix kitchen now it didn't take me long to find what I needed, as I was filling up our cups the all too familiar voice came out of nowhere, “Hi”, it was all I needed to realise who it was. I turned round with a smile on my face, “Hi”, we just stood there for a few moments just smiling each other, as his eyes started wandering I suddenly realised I was practically naked with only a bikini top on and some denim shorts. “I didn't realise you were here”, he said meeting my eyes once again but now with a smirk on his face. I shrug “I didn't realise you were in”, I replied. “Did you want me to be in?”, he smiled and as soon as he had said that I blushed once again. I tried to distract myself and started filling up the rest of the cups, I was that engrossed I didn't even realise River was now stood behind me, I only realised when I felt his hand on my shoulder and I spun round in shock. Our faces were practically touching, I could feel his breath on my lips I didn't know where else to look apart from his enchanting blue eyes, we stood there for a moment until he began to lean in his lips getting close to mine. My eyes began to close “he has a girlfriend” screamed through my mind, I literally jumped away and turned my back to the cups and lifted them up and the turned back round to where he was still stood there just not as close. “I'm sorry”, I whispered, he smiled and reached over and brushed his fingers against my cheek “I know......I'm sorry.....I just wanted to say goodbye”, he smiled while looking deep into my eyes. “Goodbye?”, I asked looking slightly confused. He stepped away and looked down at the floor, “Yeah I go away tomorrow for a film”, he looked back up. “Ohh”, I really didn't know what to say. “I just wanted to say goodbye to you before I left.....I don't have a number for you so....”He continued. “Well I can give you my number if you would like?”, I smiled, which caused his smile to grow so wide. I noticed a pen that was lay on the side and picked it up and walked over to where River now stood, I took his hand and started to write my number, when I finished I looked up to meet his eyes and smiled. “You can now contact me”, he smiled as I finished. “Thank you”, he smiled, “You're welcome” and with that I gave him a hug, our bodies touching his arms pulling me closer to him, my head snuggled in his neck and his in mine. It felt like we were hugging forever, it felt nice. The door clicked open and we jumped apart, “What are you two doing?”, Rains voice came into the kitchen. “Just saying goodbye”, River smiled. “Sure” she laughed. I took up the glasses again and started to make my way to the door, “You coming outside Riv?”, Rain asked. Mine and Rivers eyes met and I smiled, “I'll be out in a bit”, he smiled. “Bye”, I said softly as I left the kitchen.

I didn't realise that I wouldn't see him again for another 6 weeks after our meeting in the kitchen. I still don't feel like I have ever had a conversation with him, it was always so intense with him, was it a good thing or a bad thing that it was always like that? I didn't have a clue, all I knew is that I really did want to get to know him but would it be possible when he was always away filming and for the fact that he still does has a girlfriend.