the best fake boyfriend- steve rogers (part 1)

Começar do início

"Oh damn..." Natasha muttered as she examined her nails, "you got yourself in pretty deep, girl. Who are you gonna bring?"

"That's the problem!" You flailed your arms around wildly, sitting up and looking at her with wide eyes. "I don't know!"

A cheeky grin spread across Wanda's face. "I know who you could ask to be your 'boyfriend'...Oh my gosh! This is the perfect opportunity for it."

"No," you shot her a death glare, "no way. He doesn't feel the same way about me and I can't take him as my boyfriend if he hasn't even asked me out!"

"I think Steve would do it, though. And the point of this is just to bring someone! It doesn't matter if he asked you out yet or not!"

"No."

"Well, you don't really have much of a choice at this point. You said so yourself that you need to bring someone along! Who else are you going to bring?"

"Okay okay okay, fine. I'll bring him."

"Go ask him now!" she urged. "Come on!"

...

"Here we go," you sucked in a deep breath as you made your way to where Steve was with Clint, Sam, and Bucky, downstairs to the training room. "Let's hope he doesn't say no, because if he does, my life is over."

You pushed open the doors and were greeted by Clint shooting his arrows at the target and making bulls-eyes every time, and Sam sparring with Steve and Bucky. They looked up when they noticed you'd entered and waved.

"Hey," Steve waved at you.

"Sup," Sam greeted, coming over to give you a fist-bump. "What's going on?"

"Steve," you turned and focused your gaze on the super-soldier, "I need you to do me a favor."

"Sure," he shrugged. "What is it?"

"So...I have a big family dinner tomorrow with my cousins and everyone and my aunts and uncles. My mom called and asked me if I had a boyfriend. I accidentally told her I did, so if I show up tomorrow night without someone by my side, they're never going to let me hear the end of it so can you do me a favor and be my date please?"

"Ooooooh, she's smooth!" Clint and Bucky whooped from across the room.

He looked surprised at first, but his expression quickly changed into a genuine smile. "Sure, why not. What time should I be ready by tomorrow?"

"We can leave by 5:30."

"Great."

"Thank you thank you thank you!" You threw yourself into his arms and he chuckled, wrapping his arms around your waist. "You're the best."

"I sure am," he smirked.

"Let's make a bet," Bucky whispered into Sam's ear. "Twenty bucks that they will actually become a couple."

"Dude," Sam whispered back, "There's no need to make a bet. It's a guarantee."

"Oh hell yeah."

...

"So," you let out a deep breath, taking your hands off the steering wheel to gesture at your house to Steve, "this is it. Be ready for my little cousins and their one billion questions."

"I'm ready," he grinned. "Let's go."

You stepped out of the car and were immediately greeted by a little girl slamming into your legs. "Y/N!" she squealed.

"Hi there little Laila," you cooed, picking her up and lifting her in the air, causing her to giggle. "How's it been?"

"Good. Mommy bought me ice cream yesterday."