Rose Stuck in the Abyss

Start from the beginning

Glynda: I have no idea what your talking about with the rinnesharingan and abyssal eyes, but I think I understand what your saying. How do we stop it?

Y/N: We must stop those who have casted it. That being Madara and Sotan. That is the only known way that is confirmed to work.

Glynda: Very well. Then let us discuss how we will stop this Madara and Sotan.

Ruby: Gagh, what's happening in there!

Yang: Rubes, your hyperventilating. Calm down.

Ruby: I know that! The question is, why aren't you?!

Yang: Because I know our brother can convince Professor Goodwitch to see their side.

     Yang spent the next couple minutes trying to calm down her sister. The others spent it trying to be patient. Couple minutes later, Cross walked out alone.

Jaune: Why are you alone? Did you kill them?

Cross: What? No, I didn't kill them. (At least not yet.) I'm alone because they wanted me to break the news to you while they continuing the discussion.

Weiss: And?

Cross: From today until this whole thing is over. We are comrades.

3 Weeks Later

     It had been 3 weeks since the Akatsuki and Remenant and teamed up. The Akatsuki invasion was halted and the power was returned to their respected kingdoms. Right now they were all devoting everything to find Madara Uchiha and Sotan Cabello. They were completely off the grid.

Cross: This is fucking useless. If we haven't found them by now, we ain't gonna find them.

Y/N: Patience Cross. We'll find them. Eventually.

Cross: Doesn't sound like you really believe yourself.

Y/N: Sigh, partly.

Cross: (Partner. At least you won't have to experience what those two idiots are gonna do.)

Y/N: Come on. We're close to the clearing. There should be something their too lead us.

Cross: Hai.

     The Akatsuki nin moved at a quicker pace than before. Y/N had his eyes glued to the forest below. However, Cross had his eyes on the Rose. A deep pain that was hidden, resurfaced in the Cabello's eyes. Before he wanted Y/N dead because he believed he was being held back by the boy, but now because he didn't want Y/N to live through the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Cross: (If I do this, I'm no better than Nakano. However, death is far better than what we're be put through if they succeed and they will.)

     In one quick motion, chains shot from Cross' sleeves and launched Y/N through 3 trees. Skidding to a halt in the clearing, Y/N looked up at his partner in shock.

Y/N: What are you doing?!

     Cross jumped into the clearing, the chains receding into his cloak. He locked eyes with Y/N. In Y/N's eyes, there was confusion and shock. In Cross', pain and regret.

Cross: I'm doing you a favor. If Madara and Sotan succeed and they will. The Infinite Tsukuyomi will be worse than death.

Y/N: They won't succeed! Not unless we do something!

Cross: Do what Y/N! Tell me, do what? Kill them? Convince them to stop? Destroy their eyes? None of it will work.

Y/N: Your eyes may be strong, but not strong enough to see the future. You don't know that we'll fail.