Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"What is it Anne?" I asked, feverishly. I was so nervous I thought I would turn into a puddle.

"It's time my lady." she slowly stated, clutching the door giddily.

Why was she so excited? I'm the one meeting him. Isn't it me who's supposed to be like that? Did she see him? Did he looked as handsome as they secretly whispered across the halls this morning?

I fumbled with the cloth of my dress. I was wearing a light pink and cream dress that had short sleeves and it had emphasized my curves and features in all the right places. It was feminine, beautiful and perfect. Just right and well prepared- too well prepared for this event.

I didn't like it one bit.

I stepped out in the hallway. My face trying to look as excited as my maids were.They were all murmuring and giggling about this event saying things like "I'll meet my prince" and that he looked handsome and gallant. They said he was a perfect fit for me.

I don't know if I can get myself to believe that.

I smiled but I felt like dying on the inside. I didn't want to go through this.

I know I'm in Olivia's body but it feels different now. I can actually do something about my body. I can say what I think. Right now, I am her. I am living her life.

It feels so weird because it's like I'm possessing her. She is a part of me like I am a part of her. I have to act like her and not disrupt this dream. I want to focus on how the events went by if I want to push through her. To know why I'm having these dreams. To know what my purpose is.

That was my goal.

I just have to act like her and talk like her just like what I've seen her done before. I have to be her.

This will be easy. I hope. . .

I tried to keep calm. I was determined to see this through.

I walked down the hall then slowly arrived at the stairs. Daniel-- I meant, Xander was at the bottom waiting for me to descend.

I didn't forget how he treated Olivia last time so I figured that that predicament wasn't over. I didn't like what he did that time. I was angry at him for both me and Olivia but I didn't want to mess this up and act disgraceful because Olivia, if not always, was graceful.

I kept a straight face on and slowly went down the stairs until I came face to face with him. He looked like he didn't get a wink of sleep but it was easily masked by his professional demeanor.

"Good morning Lady Olivia." he greeted, slightly bowing at me dutifully.

'Gosh... they look so much alike that it's making me nervous.' I could hear my pulse in my ears as I tried to go back to the scene before me.

"Good morning." I greeted back with a curtsy.

He offers me his arm and I take it then we slowly walk towards the hallway that lead to the garden. We were at an impasse. The silence between us as we walked was brief but daunting. The memory of our lingering argument that happened the last time was still there. It was hard but bearable.

He then spoke up, curious and slightly cautious. "I heard he's an eligible bachelor. Are you happy finally meeting him?"

"Ecstatic." I answered him with a feign tone of cheerfulness in my voice. "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

"I see. . ." he trailed off tepidly. He was being inarticulate and inscrutable again. "I just thought that. . . after last night you would-"

"What?" I interjected, a slight rise in my voice. "That I wouldn't push through with this? I've changed my mind. I should give him a chance. After all, he might be my future husband."