Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A young man about my age was standing below of me. His dark brown hair brushing lightly before his brows as the wind gently blows. He was wearing a white shirt under a freely opened checkered shirt, a thick black leather jacket, and denim jeans.

'What is he doing here? This is my place.'

"Isn't it strange for a girl to wander in the woods so late at night?" pure curiosity was clear in his voice.

"But it isn't as strange as a guy stalking an innocent girl in the woods so late at night?" I wittily remarked, hinted with a bit of sarcasm in my voice.

"Hey, I wasn't stalking you. I was wondering if you're alright." he said sounding slightly amused.

"Yeah, clearly." I scoffed.

"Well, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a gentleman to a girl who doesn't seem to have any decency." he said returning my sarcasm to me.

Taken aback by his frank words I mockingly said, "Well, I'm sorry to hurt your pride but I only do that to men who do not clearly know the meaning of the word gentle."

"Okay," he said raising his hands in the air taking a step back as if withdrawing from our little argument, "I just wanted to assure you were fine. I'm sorry to interrupt your evening."

He was about to turn around and leave. I didn't want to be called rude but he was kind of right about me being a bit rash to him though he was only a stranger. "Wait!" regretting what I said earlier, I slowly began climbing down my tree when I suddenly slipped, landing on his front face-down.

"Ow! Seriously?" he said shrewdly, clearly hurt or pissed. I didn't know which.

My limbs ached as I forced myself up from him steadying myself using my arms just beside his. For a brief moment I was able to finally see what he truly looked like up close. His chiseled features, his long lashes and his eyes-- Oh, his eyes of soft blue with small specks of silver shows its brilliance under the moonlight.

'He's beautiful.'

We stayed like that for who knows how long when he suddenly laughed having caught me staring at him.

"See anything interesting?" he questioned with a cocky expression.

I flush feeling a rush of color in my cheeks. Immediately, I push myself away from him. "Nothing at all." I said feeling embarrassed.

"Well?" he asked as he sat up resting his arm on his propped up knee.

"Well what?" I query with confusion as I tugged and fixed my dress.

"I think that fall might have hit your head too much," he laughed. "So why were you calling for me?"

"You can't blame me. That was a high climb." Full of pride, I crossed my arms.

He smiled saying, "I noticed. So, do you plan to answer my question?"

"I was going to say sorry about earlier."

"You used 'was' so it's past tense. What? No more plans on saying sorry?" he asks as he smirks at me.

I opened my mouth to protest in his incredulity about me saying sorry but shrugging his shoulders, he abruptly added, "Even if I was hurt, I can't blame you because of your clumsiness."

'What? Did he think that only he got hurt? I mean, yeah I slipped and also got hurt but me. . . clumsy? I don't think so.' I thought of this with disbelief in my face.