Chapter 28

• Dedicata a Reem Ayzah Mellijor

Chapter 28

Jonathan lead us towards a secret shortcut just beside town and we ended up where I least expected it to be. I thought that he would bring me to the forest or to a quiet meadow or an isolated place somewhere beyond the outskirts of town but no. He lead me towards the old mansion. The secret place Daniel had shown me. I guess it wasn't so secret anymore.

Jonathan walked towards the garden and I followed him from behind.

"I guess you're wondering how I know where this is." he suddenly brought up.

"I am but I should have known that by now. If you knew what my dreams are then you probably knew this place too." I trailed off but not telling him that Daniel had brought me here. "This was where we first met. . . At least that's what I recall from my dreams." I muttered, unsure what to say.

He dryly chuckled. "I still remember that, you know? You were trying to play hard to get."

"I wasn't trying. I am hard to get." I retorted, making him laugh.

"Of course you are." he teased back.

I shook my head smiling at him. For some reason, I felt that Jonathan was more carefree. He wasn't uptight and proper like he was most of the time like before. He was more comfortable to be around with this time.

It's nice.

We arrived at the garden and settled ourselves on a stone bench that hadn't crumbled down.

"So, why here? What do you have to tell me that needed to be said without anyone knowing?" I asked out directly. I was getting so curious. I just have to know.

Jonathan looked like he was struggling to find words to answer me. He fist his hands together and tried to ready himself as if he was going through something difficult. I could tell that he was.

"Look, Eve, before I say anything to you, I need to know something first." He then turned his face and looked into my eyes warily. "Do you trust me?"

"What's with that question?"

"You see, I just- I just have to know that I'm not making a mistake here. I need to make sure that me telling you what I know is right. What I might tell you might sound unfamiliar or unbelievable or crazy but it's not. If you trust me, then I know that you will believe me without doubt."

I'm not able to comprehend what he further meant by that but I nodded. "I trust you."

He lightly smiled. "Good."

I anticipated and waited for him to start saying something. When he looked like he had sorted his thoughts out, he sighed.

He shifted and stared out at the site before us, speaking up. "One of the things that you need to know is that dreams represent something from reality. It's like a mirror image of our subconscious. Therefore, your dreams are real. They are as real as you and me."

"What do you mean by that?"

"It means that your dreams really happened. They're your memories." he explained, looking at me warily.

I couldn't bring myself to believe what he said. "That's impossible. It looked like a different time in my dreams. It looked. . . very different from now. How can those be my memories if I don't even remember having them or doing them? How can that be real if it's like that?"

"It just is. Accept it."

"I can't. How can you be so sure that I'm her anyway? I can't even bring myself to believe that." I said, my voice ringing with doubts.