Chapter 5

HEY GUYS!

Yep! It's my first voice out since the release of my story. I'm thanking those who continue to support me. Love you guys! Hahaha!

Sorry that it took so long for this to be release. Busy week of college, hope you understand. I will continue to try my best and give you the best chapters that I can write. Keep on tuning! :)

(*Do NOT copy or take credit of this story or you will be sued.*) please & thank you.

-----------------------------------

Chapter 5

 "What are you doing Ms. Brookes?" Gerard was looking at me intently upon carefully placing his hands at his back.

"Oh, it's just you Gerard. You scared me back there!" I straightened myself before closing the door.

"I was just looking for Zia. Have you seen her by any chance?"I asked.

"Yes. She is alone with Master Jonathan." he answered, so straight forward.

"Eve!" It was Zia with Jonathan by her side.

'Now she finally shows up. Great.'

"You're just in time to join us for lunch." She slid her arm under mine and we entered in to the dining room.

'Wait, did she just say "us"? I thought that she only meant me and her without the extra two at our backs!'

I couldn't let go of her grip and storm out. That would be mean and embarassing. I contained my desperation to get out of another situation my best friend pulled me into without fully consulting me first. I'll let this one slide because I didn't want to mess this up for her.

As we settled on our chairs, Zia sat in the middle. I sat to her left, opposite to Jonathan and sitting next to him was Gerard, who looked hesistant to eat with us.

Zia raised her voice to say, "I am truly sorry if my grandparents won't be able to join us for lunch but expect that they will be here at dinner. I do hope that you enjoy the food. Let's eat!"

The food was delicious as always. I mean my mom can cook and all but you could really tell that this was done with an experienced elite chef. It was fancy and so elegantly displayed.

All throughout lunch, Zia was so cheerful and enthusiastic. She kept pulling out new interesting topics that everyone could relate to. Even though it was mostly about business, I never felt left out because I could say something about it. It was great.

The thing troubling me at first was the use of the utensils. There were a lot of forks and spoons just for one meal. It was confusing until Zia secretly helped me with it.

But what made me feel really uncomfortable was Jonathan, who seemed to keep staring at me from across the table. I kept averting my eyes away, feeling a bit invaded of my private space. I might go ballistic if this awkwardness continues. His eyes constantly glanced at me until we finished the meal.

"Thank you for that wonderful meal. We can surely say that we will be enjoying our stay here." Looking back at her, Jonathan gave a genuine smile.

"I'm glad you say so." Zia was pleased.

"Well, I suppose we have to get on with the tour of the orchard. Eve will also be joining us, I presume." Jonathan suddenly proposed.

Zia and I exchanged a look before she replied, "Yes, absolutely." Zia then stood up and immediately led us to the orchard.