BOOK 2 Epilogue

BOOK 2 Epilogue
CHAPTER 1

"Miss Evelyn, how are you adjusting to all this?" Edgar, asked in a cautious tone.

"Just fine, thank you."

Ten months had already passed since the attack at the Whitlock Manor. The fancy ball and good time I had were blurred by tragedy of my father's death, and the time when my mother and I left Arxean now felt like a distant memory ever so closely lingering around in my head.

I let my eyes wander beyond the huge glass window in my room. The Central Citadel was far beyond what I had imagined. The art, culture, architecture, the people and even the language were all so. . . different. It surpassed my thoughts of what they termed "past-future fusion". Castles and hover cars mixed well together. Who knew?

"I'm glad to hear that and so will everyone else too. I would like to believe that we've been very acommodating and helpful to you." Edgar added, a proud tone in his voice.

"You all did and I'm very grateful for it Sir Edgar." I turned to him and saw him frown a bit.

"Please, Miss, adress me as 'Edgar'. Honorifics are not to be used when adressing your personal butler."

"You sound like a very old man that was a friend of mine" I laughed, being reminded of old Gerard.

"Very funny, Miss Evelyn but it's still not right in the sense of formality." he reprimanded, quite unamused.

"I would but you won't call me 'Eve'." I retorted, "and we're about the same age! It's weird." I stated, rolling my eyes at him.

"I'm three years older than you."

"Which makes calling you 'Sir' more reasonable!"

He heartily laughed and smiled at me. "Ever the stubborn one."

I laughed with him but I remembered what I was about to go through again and frowned.

"Are you ready for the procedure? I mean, are you sure of going through with it this early? The Duke already explained it to you quite extensively these past few weeks but. . . you know. . ." His youthful face was serious but I could see the worry in his hazel eyes. He was my butler but he had become a friend of mine ever since we arrived. His concern meant a lot.

"He has. He's taught me so much. After all that time, I've been preparing myself for it. I'm ready." I stated, trying to sound convincing, but more to myself than Edgar.

"Good. My lord will be pleased to hear it." he said, nodding his head. There was still a trace of unease in his voice but he quickly gottten rid if it. "All the preparations are almost complete. It won't take more than seven days to prepare everything."

"I've waited for months. What's with a few more days, right?"

"Indeed. All you seek will be clear soon enough."

I smiled at him as he led me out through the door. After awhile, we then entered my grandfather's office.

"Ah! Evelyn, dear, good morning." My grandfather greeted with a distracted yet cheerful tone. He was fumbling through some paperwork in his desk, either land properties, ministry or patient's documents. I couldn't tell.

"Good morning, grandpa."

"I trust you've slept well?" He stopped to eye me curiously, his voice a tone of concern.

"Yes." I nodded.

"No more nightmares?" he asked further, more cautious to my reaction.

"None."

"Good. Good. Please, sit."

I sat down across from him and asked, "You still check if I'm having nightmares, why?"

"Because I like to keep things in order, especially if it is needed in order for you to do well in the procedure." Concern again in his voice. His wrinkled forehead crunched up as his gray brows furrowed.

"I understand."

"And because I care for you, Eve. You are my only grandaughter. I may not be the best father to your mother but I will try to be the best grandfather to you." he stated as if he needed to really make me understand. He constantly says it to me. I think he's trying to remind himself more than me. It was hard to imagine he could be like this after we arrived. It was difficult with what was going on between him and mom but now I think it's slowly getting better. I'm glad it did.

"I know. You've told me that so many times." I gave him a comforting smile.

"And, I always will. You took a chance in me, my dear. You gave me a chance of redemption. The least I can do is give you yours." He smiled back at me, the lines of his face reflect the what the years of done to him and yet he looks so full of life and hope.

"Ready for today's session?"

I breathed in and out, a sense of confidence overtaking me. "Yes. Let's do this."

=================================

Hello dear readers!

Read the below coz I have fun-bees(like ur name as a new character in my 2nd book):

You've reached the End of Book 1: INNOCENCE, Congratualations!
I'm here again to remind you guys that the Epilogue is still Part 1 of Chapter 1 of Book 2 of the INNOCENCE series (name will be announced along with the full chapter by the start of SEPTEMBER. SO CHECK IT OUT AND WATCH OUT FOR UPDATES! (If you guys have any suggestions and or request for the next book like if you want your name to be a name of a new character! pls pm me or comment on my page. I will hear you out and I am open for it.)

Also, I will soon be posting this story in Fiction.net under the same username, 1 chapter every Friday & Saturday. So also check it out if you can.

Again, I wanna say sorry for the late updates before and thank you to you all for reading my FIRST EVER STORY. This is a huge step for me as I learn the ways of becoming an author. I'm truly grateful to be able to share this with you guys.

Please SHARE, VOTE, FOLLOW and/or COMMENT! Thank you again and hear from you guys soon! 😊