Upon her arrival, Tian Liang no longer pretended to be interested in his tea or the table, his eyes raised up to focus solely on Long Lian's approaching figure. "Lian." He called her like how a sweet, henpecked husband does towards his beloved wife, earning a freaked-out stare from Xiao Hua.

"Why are you here?" Long Lian demanded towards Xiao Hua, ignoring Tian Liang's arrival for now. After all, this king had ignored her protest and sticks around her for weeks now.

"I'm here to explain the relationship between Doctor Bai and me." Xiao Hua had guessed that Long Lian must be angry with her about Doctor Bai being her father and keeping it a secret from her. After they had left, it was then she realized Doctor Bai and the 19th Emperor made no attempt to explain that she was not Doctor Bai's biological daughter! That was why she quickly came over with the intention to explain everything and save their friendship.

"This princess is not stupid and knows what you think of me. Stupid and untrustworthy of secrets, isn't it?" Long Lian mocked herself, looking at if she was indifferent to it, but her true feelings could not be hidden from her voice.

"No! That's not it!" Xiao Hua exclaimed loudly and stepped closer to Long Lian. "Please listen to me-"

"Listen to your excuse? This princess is not that easy to hoodwink!"

"Ah Lian-"

"Leave! I have a guest and have no time to entertain silly excuse you came up with!"

"Your guest... him?" Xiao Hua's expression was similar to a kitten being kicked. "He's more important than me?"

Long Lian's heart suffered tiny kitten scratches from Xiao Hua's teary eyes.

"Princess, it was only yesterday that Xiao Hua was adopted by Doctor Bai," Duan XiYing explained, straight to the point. As her little miss failed to achieve her desire, it was up to the servant to help her young miss to clear the misunderstanding. "The princess is Xiao Hua's best friend and dear sister. This hairpin in her hair is the best proof of her feelings."

Long Lian who originally felt as she was wronged, was taken aback. Her heart bloomed in happiness when she finally realized the hairpin Xiao Hua had worn was actually the one she gave her on the birthday. However, she decided to focus on the more important note. "Adopted? Yesterday?"

Xiao Hua quickly nodded like chicken pecking rice. She was happy that Long Lian believed her and no longer angry with her.

"So Long Zhu's plan succeeds. Congratulations, Miss Bai." Tian Liang smiled lazily. It was unsure if he was genuinely happy for her or he was mocking her.

Xiao Hua shot Tian Liang a fierce glare. "I'm still suspicious of you!"

Tian Liang laughed loudly and raised his cup of tea to give her a salute. "That bastard Heng was right, you are a chili!"

Long Lian stared at Xiao Hua and Tian Liang back and forth, lost in what had happened between them.

"It's only because the Third Prince trusted you that I let you court Ah Lian! If you hurt her, I will beat you up!" Xiao Hua threatened fiercely.

Xiao Hua did not know much about the King of Munzhu in the novel, but this guy in front of her does not seem as bad as the novel described. There was no hostility or darkness when he looked at Long Lian. In fact, Xiao Hua nearly had goosebump at how sweet and puppy-like when he called out Long Lian earlier.

Heise had not elaborated on what happened between the novel King of Munzhu and Long Lian, straight off having Long Lian's first appearance to be in Guilin Kingdom after being rescued from the sick pervert King of Munzhu's clutches.