Kabanata 21

Kabanata 21

Awkward

"Do you have your... toys?"

He inquiringly raised his eyebrows when I shook my head.

"Are you going to buy one first?" tanong niya.

Umiling ulit ako.

His lips protruded. Mukhang gusto niyang magtanong pa. But I might have given the impression that the more he'd question me, the more puzzled he will just get, kaya siya na mismo ang pumigil sa sarili.

"When I said I want to dominate you," maingat kong wika, after letting the silence stretch. "I really meant I'll start being transparent with you. While also implying, that you should really start being honest with me, too. Judgements aside."

Unti-unti itong tumango.

"Okay..." he slowly said, pinaghalong nalilito at nagdududa ang dating.

Napanguso ako, at pinigilan ang sariling ngumisi.

"Okay, but let's make this clear muna," umayos ako ng upo. "I told you I want to dominate you, not because it is my sexual fantasy..."

Although, it may as well be.

Pinilig ko ang aking ulo.

"I want to dominate you, in a sense, na may mga sasabihin ako sa'yo... that will go from my idiotic, unpopular, semi-political opinions down to whatever personal stories I can think of. I will be more straightforward. And as long as we are staying here in this Villa, you are not allowed to secretly criticize me," I warned. "I will call the shots. Gusto kong ako 'yong masusunod sa kahit na ano. Sa lahat."

He only looked at me quietly, so I went on.

"I also want to assure you... that... there won't be any ridiculous requests. Hindi naman ako ganoon ka-freak para mang-alipusta. I will always be open to compromise. At sana, ganoon ka rin."

I discreetly flipped my hair. He was not asking me what my point was. But I needed... and want to... somehow get my idea across. No matter how vague and confusing I could be. 

"Sa ganitong paraan, I will show you how I really am on the ordinary. When I am stripped off of being your househelp," I placed my hands on my lap. "And as you may see, I can be very demanding if I want to."

"I can see that," aniya, smiling a bit. "I can deal with that."

Mahigpit kong pinagdaop ang aking mga kamay.

"Now, I will start," I sucked in breath. "First, I want you to stop being so passive-aggressive."

And so that's what surprised him. Agad na umawang ang kanyang mga labi ni Sir Killian. He looked like he was ready to deflect that, but I raised a brow to stop him.

"You are not allowed to deny that one. Let me continue," I cleared my throat. "What I'm saying is, I am not really good at reading between the lines. And I am too impatient to second-guess. It's either you tell it to me straight, or be disappointed. Ikaw din..."

"I know," he murmured.

"Ano 'yon?"

Malakas siyang napabuntong-hininga and looked me in the eye.

"I know that already," he said in a baritone.

"Talaga ba?"

He licked his lip and nodded.