Behind Curtains

"It is curious how vanity helps the successful man, and wrecks the failure." —Oscar Wilde

× × ×

CAUTION: SIN AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Wala akong pakealam kung magugustuhan mo 'to, kung anong edad mo, kung naiinitan ka, o kung may ginagawa kang makamundo habang nagbabasa! Read at your own risk!

(Updated) BABALA: May contain a very random storyline to the point wherein the characters will just simply f uck around almost every chapter. Also, all chapters are unedited as of this moment. I hope you forgive the grammatical and/or typographical errors, and most especially the plotholes, since the author is very tamad to make re-type, re-read, and all that kasipagan.

(March 18, 2014) A/N: Inspired. As always. Kahit na napakarami kong unfinished biz. lol -ArianneSalvador. March 18, 2014. 10:36PM. Martes.

(November 11, 2018) A/N: Retrieved, republished and is undergoing total reconstruction! Main updates will go to either The Thirdwheel or SSS [II]. I'm not so sure either.

(November 27, 2018) A/N: Main updates will go to The Thirdwheel.

(June 13, 2019) A/N: Main updates here!

(July 9, 2019) A/N: Hi, my paternal grandmother passed last Saturday, July 6, 2019. This will be a week of collective heavy feelings and a bit of re-wired reality, so trust that my attention span will be shorter than my patience. This work will probably resume after our grandmother's interment this Saturday, July 13, 2019. Hoping so much for your kind consideration. God bless.

(May 22, 2022) A/N: I'm... back.

Salamat sa pagtangkilik ng pagiging bangag ko!

Copyright © 2014 by pusa_itim.

All rights reserved.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Original Story Description:

Free love's a myth. As far as Layla understood, she never received love unconditionally, and she always had to work for it.

Walang libreng pagmamahal. Because the love she received all her life? It became her guilt. Walang libreng pagmamahal, dahil lahat ay may karagdagang kapalit. Ang kaisipang kulang siya sa abilidad para punan ang mga ilusyon ng mga taong naka-abang sa kanya made her head spin, and she hated it.

Layla Lagdameo was her parents' biggest investment, and their biggest flaw. Panganay, matalino and belonged to a working middle class family, Lala was well-informed of her parents' daily sacrifices just to prioritize her comfort, pero anong ginawa niya? She ran away, quietly dropped out of University, at inalay ang ilang taon ng kanyang buhay para sakyan ang ka-gaga-han ng kaibigan niya. At noong napuno siyang muli, nagdesisyon nanamang lumayo. But this time, wala nang bitbit na kakampi. This time, sinigurado na niyang pagtataguan niya ang lahat.

Now, she was living the life she thinks she needed. She wasn't forced to socialize, she was compensated handsomely, and all she did was clean. To hell with getting a degree! Ang gusto lang naman niyang lifetime career ay ang makapaglinis ng bahay!

But of course, not as a homemaker. Alam naman niya kung papaano lumugar. With her body type, she always knew she was never cut out to be any rich man's trophy wife. She may be a learned woman, but her shape was made for the dirtier job. Ang maging katulong ng mga ito.

But what if she gets thrown into a household wherein she's asked to compromise again, will she do it? Para lang panagutan ang pagtatago? Or will she finally decide to come home, once she realizes the life she's used to, was much quieter than privately screwing a social elite?