Crocodile x Reader

If you had a request and I still haven't gotten to it, please let me know!

Prompt 3: Sand

Anyway, since I don't know the exact timeline with Crocodile, I kinda made it up oop. This is before Baroque Works, but after the beginning of Crocodile making his reputation in Alabasta.

_______

Your eyes slowly opened as you regained consciousness, your body aching all over. You sighed, sitting up, ignoring the pain. Your wings twitched a little, and you stretched to hopefully kneed out some of the pain. It took a minute for your mind to register that you weren't in your own room.

Panic surged through your mind, and you rushed to get out of bed.

"Slow down," a voice said, causing your eyes to shoot towards the source. A tall man that leaned against the doorframe with dark, almost purple, hair slicked back, and stitches that ran across his face horizontally. "You haven't recovered."

"Where am I, what'd you do to me? Why does it feel so... heavy here?"

He cocked an eyebrow, pushing off the side of the doorframe to stand and approach you. "I'm not quite sure what that's supposed to imply, but I presume it comes from your wings and falling from the sky?"

You swallowed. "I come from the White Sea, where is this? Is this the Blue Sea? What happened?"

"You really do need to slow down. I'm not sure what you're babbling on about, this is the Grand Line. And what happened? You fell from the sky, and I saved you."

You blinked. "Why'd you save me?"

"Because I'm a hero, I suppose. Now, if you're done with your questions, a proper introduction wouldn't hurt, now, would it? Crocodile," he said, stretching a hand out.

You shook his hand awkwardly. "(Y/N). But if you wouldn't mind, I'll excuse myself now." You went to stand up, but your legs weren't very stable, and you fell back onto the bed.

"You fell from the sky, Miss (Y/N). Sure, much of the fall damage was decreased, but you still fell. You won't be able to function so easily for a while yet. I'll bring you food."

Before you could protest, he was out of the room, and you were stuck on the bed, waiting for him to return. When he did, he had a small platter of plates with food on them.

"Pick and eat what you'd like."

You narrowed your eyes before taking a plate of (Food) and hesitantly eating it. "Thank you," you mumbled between bites.

"No problem. Stay as long as you need, and there's a den den mushi to your right. It can only call one number, use it if you need anything."

You ended up staying quite a while, and as decent as it was, you were kinda stuck. Being unable to move all that much was a big disadvantage, and you needed Crocodile to do much of anything. You were in rehab, slowly being able to walk and move around again. It took a good month and a half before you were able to go outside, where the terrain was more rough and unexpected.

That was when you realised you'd been underground the entire time. Crocodile accompanied you up to a casino, then outside. You gawked at all the grainy Vearth.

"There's... so much!"

Crocodile glanced at you in confusion.

Your wings twitched in excitement, and a lopsided grin formed on your lips. "Vearth! Look at it all, you Blue Sea people have so much!" You bent down to pick up some of it before letting it sift through your hands.

"Vearth? You mean sand?"

"Sand? Ah, I've heard Vearth is thicker, and softer. Sand is a type of Vearth, then? A dryer Vearth?"

He paused. "Yeah, that's it. We should go back inside," he said.

"Already?"

"Yes. You're barely stable enough to get around inside, it'd be an issue if you get injured now."

"I... Yeah, I guess so."

Throughout the rest of the day, you were a little gloomier than usual. Something that definitely didn't go unnoticed. You were slowly eating dinner at the main table when Crocodile spoke up about it.

"Something wrong?"

"Nope."

He sighed. "You wanna go outside again?" You lit up at that. "You can't, sorry. But you want to see sand again, don't you?"

You nodded. "Yeah, I'm thinking that I can get home soon, so it'd be nice to make the most of the Blue Sea while I'm here."

Crocodile's eye twitched slightly, barely noticeable. He shrugged and held out his hand, palm facing up. A small sandstorm swirled above it, before morphing into a small rabbit, then a dog, then a cat.

He twirled the sand in another small circle before dispersing it.

You smiled. "You should've shown me earlier! How'd you do that?"

"Why magic, of course."

You laughed. "Sure, fine. Keep your secrets." You paused for a moment. "By the way, I just wanted to thank you for helping me and letting me stay."

He breathed deeply once or twice. "Don't worry about it. I don't mind, really. You're nice company."

"Thank you, you are as well. I'm not sure if den den mushi will work on the White Sea or not, but I hope so."

He sighed, almost regretfully. "I'm sorry, dear (Y/N)."

You hummed in confusion, slightly tilting your head.

"You're far too nice company for me to let you leave."

_______

Meh I don't like where I went with this one :/