Luffy x Reader

Luffy is such a cutie, I swear. Anyway, here's another request for cdptcgn153! Hope you enjoy, next is our gruff Marine, Smoker!

_______

"Land!" Luffy yelled, a giant grin on his face.

Chopper and Usopp echoed the word excitedly, going to the edge of the ship to look.

You all docked, and Zoro had stayed behind to watch the ship and rest (and definitely not because the island was big and no one wanted him getting lost) while everyone else went to the island. It was an inhabited one. You weren't exactly weak, but since you didn't want to deal with people trying to capture you or anything, you decided to take a walk near the outskirts of the island at the edge of a forest.

"(Y/N)-ya?"

You turned your head to see Law, who'd just docked his submarine at the edge of the island. He jumped off the deck onto land.

"Law, it's been a while." You smiled.

He nodded. "It has. How long since Wano?"

You hummed. "6, maybe 7 months, I'd say. How've you been?"

"I've been well."

"I'm sure Luffy would love to see everyone again. If you'd want, I can take you to him?"

Law sighed. "Maybe later, I don't think I can deal with that right now."

A chuckle slipped past your lips. "I don't blame you, I suppose."

"I'm not even sure how you deal with it all the time. Shall we walk?"

"Sure." He joined you in walking at the brim of the forest. "Honestly, it's just something you get used to, I'd suppose."

He laughed a little. "Doesn't sound like something too great to get used to."

"You know," you said, "You never laughed much during our alliance. You have a nice laugh, and you're fun to be around when you're not all grumpy." You smiled at the man, who turned his head away slightly.

"Thanks, I suppose."

You continued chatting, walking around until the sun began to set. "I should go into the town," you said. "I gotta find everyone."

"I'll accompany you."

"Alright. I think I see lights this way, so let's cut through the forest here."

He nodded, letting you walk a few feet in front of him. "They're over there," he said, noticing Luffy and a few others jump around and laugh at a small carnival.

"Oh, right! Did you wanna say hello, or are ya gonna go back to your sub now?"

"I guess I'll drop by for a little."

You smiled. "Let's go, then!"

You subconsciously took him by the wrist and dragged him with you.

"Luffy! Nami! Usopp!" you called out, grabbing their attention.

"(Y/N)!" Luffy yelled. He shot himself towards you, nearly tackling you and knocking you off your feet, but Law caught you. "Torao! You're here too!" Luffy exclaimed. His words would normally sound so cheery, and they did have an excited exterior, but below was an unusual hostility Law barely detected.

"Mugiwara-ya," he greeted simply.

"(Y/N), were you with him this whole time?"

"Kinda. I ran into him while I was walking. Figured you'd want to see him again."

"Yeah! It's good to see you, Torao! But we need to go, it's getting dark and we should really be heading back to the Sunny or a hotel for the night," Luffy said, surprisingly responsibly.

"Of course. I should be getting back, as well. Great to see you again, Mugiwara-ya, (Y/N)-ya. Until next time."

"Next time? Aren't you gonna stay a little?"

"No, we're heading towards a certain destination. My crew should've stocked up by now, we need to get there as soon as we can."

"I see... Until next time, then. Bye!" you said, smiling.

Luffy waved goodbye as Law made his way back through the forest. The boy's smile dropped for a split second when he thought you weren't looking before it rising back. "Let's go! The carnival is fun, you'd like it!"

You laughed. "That doesn't sound much like going back to the Sunny or to a hotel," you said.

Luffy was quiet for a few moments. Maybe he was thinking, because he soon gave up whatever he was trying to do. "Oh, right! Let's go to a hotel, I like the free breakfast in the morning!"

He quickly passed by Nami and Usopp, who were left a little confused. You'd got the hotel rooms and split up between two suites, each with two bedrooms and bathrooms. Nami, Robin, and you took one of the rooms, next door to Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro. Usopp, Chopper, and Brook took a room in the other suite while Franky and Jinbei shared the other.

Luffy was lying face first in the bed for a while. "Zoro?" came his muffled voice.

"Yeah, cap?"

"What does love feel like?"

Sanji had nearly choked on air. "Don't ask this moss brained idiot about love. Allow me to inform you. When you love someone, it feels like butterflies are swimming in your stomach, bugging you and telling you that you truly love someone!" he said as poetically as he could.

"Butterflies don't swim, love cook," Zoro commented.

"I think I feel love to (Y/N). I feel happy butterflies! But today it was like... not good butterflies. I like Torao, but when (Y/N) spent all her time with him, the butterflies wanted to fly out of my stomach and choke Torao."

"Well that's... intense," Sanji said, coughing. "But definitely love. You should tell her!"

"Okay!" he said brightly, happiness nearly streaming from his presence.

"No... nervous butterflies?"

"Ero-cook, if he could feel nervousness, he wouldn't have done any of the stupid shit he does."

"Good point, pot plant. Anyway, Luffy, this is what you need to say to her..." Sanji explains a few things, but not anything to complicated.

"I'll go tell her!" Luffy chimed, setting his straw hat straight with determined eyes. Sanji and Zoro shared a look as Luffy slipped through the door that connected the two rooms.

"Robin-chan, Nami-san, do you mind coming in here for a few moments as Luffy talks with (Y/N)-chan?" Sanji called.

Knowing full well what was happening (for they wouldn't have entered had they been oblivious), they complied and entered, shutting the door behind them.

"(Y/N)!"

You sat criss cross on your bed as a soft, melodic giggle made its way from your heart out your lips. "No need to yell, Luffy. It's late, and we're only a couple metres away."

"Right! (Y/N), I was talking with Sanji and Zoro about feelings," he started, and already you had to choke back a laugh, "And after..." he paused, furrowing his eyebrows. "After careful consideration, I love you." I think I missed a line or three? he thought, but shrugged it off, eager to see your reaction.

You smile. "You're so cute! I love you too," you say with a wide smile, stretching out your arms. Luffy's signature grin forms on his face, and he jumps into your arms, knocking you on your back on your bed.

"Yes! I love you, I love you, I love you, (Y/N)!" he repeated, snuggling his head into your neck. You laughed, hugging him. He was a childish dork that was sometimes a little too loud, but he was your childish dork that was loud for you.