Thatch x Reader

So, here's the first one of the weekend OS bomb! Sorry I didn't post many during the week, I had like fifty million district tests and stuff. Anyway, I love Thatch so much! Thanks for requesting Starflower1206! Hope you enjoy! Next up is our one and only hotheaded Kid!

_______

"Happy birthday!"

Thatch couldn't hide his wide smile that grew on his face. Even he forgot his birthday, too caught up in all the hectic news of the New World, but these dorks didn't.

"Thanks," he said, his smile only growing by the second. His eyes flickered to the 6 layered cake, baked and decorated so very carefully for the chef himself.

"We each decorated a certain part," you said, approaching him. "I got the top layer, Marco took second, Ace and Haruta took third, Vista, Izo, and Jozu took fourth, and your division split the last two. Everyone else decorated the cupcakes!"

He nodded. "I can tell, mostly from the third layer with half of it as giant flames and the other half has delicate flowers and swirls."

A chuckle escaped your lips. "They.. didn't work together too well."

"And the first layer, of course, is absolutely stunning." He planted a kiss on the top of your head and smiled. You offered a shy smile back with a soft, nervous chuckle.

"Thanks."

"My, my. It's like you've gotten even more adorable after we became official."

"Oh hush!"

"Hey, Thatch! Come blow out the candles so we can eat the ca---" Ace yelled.

"So we can start celebrating our beloved brother's birthday and not for selfish reasons!" Marco said in place, sighing. "They're not even lit, idiot."

"Oh, I got it," Ace said, smiling, but thankfully Marco stopped him.

"Absolutely not. Do you even remember what happened last time?" he hissed.

"Not really, but it's fine!"

You furrowed your eyebrows in disbelief. "Portgas D. Ace. You don't remember burning down most of the kitchen, plus other parts of the ship from the fire spreading, and severely burning people with frosting and melted cake over 500 degrees?"

"Oh, you mean that... Yeah, no, doesn't ring a bell." He smiled cheekily, and Thatch just laughed.

"I got it." Haruta sighed as he took a lighter and manually lit each one, though he needed a stool to reach the higher tiers, to which Ace snorted.

"Go on," you said, pushing Thatch. "Go blwow youwr candles out." You smiled at him, who rolled his eyes playfully.

"Yay!" he said childishly, along with a small snort. "Candles!"

Instead of taking the time to blow out all of them, he pulled his sword from his hip and swiped, the air whisking away the small flames.

Marco takes initiative at that point, ignoring Ace's whines claiming that Thatch 'didn't do it right' and cut the cake up.

The brunet wrapped his arm around Ace's shoulder and laughed at the freckled man's complaints. Marco passed out plates with slices of cake on them, saving the bigger piece for Thatch.

As everyone ate cake, Thatch began opening presents, a good quarter of them being jokes or gag gifts, but soon after he got a genuine gift. When it came to yours, he opened the present before the card, as one does, and smiled.

He took the specially made knife set with beautiful engravings of his favourites of everything flowing together with each other on the handle and blade. His careful eyes inspected it as he ran his fingers against the carvings. The corners of his lips pulled up into a wide grin. "Thanks, (Y/N)! I love them!"

"I'm glad, I made them myself."

He hummed. "No wonder they're so beautifully crafted. Thanks, hun." He hugs you tight and kisses your forehead.

A mixture of aws and fake gags rang out.

"Get on with it, lovebirds," Jozu said.

"I think you're just jealous 'cause you couldn't pick up a girl to save your life," Thatch said, laughing.

"I mean, he's not wrong," Ace pointed out, a subtle smirk lining his lips.

As Jozu and Ace fought, Thatch opened and read the card. He grinned goofily before smirking, and you knew exactly which part he'd read. A small wink and that prideful, slightly lustful look had shivers slipping down your spine.

"I'll meet you later, then, hm?" he whispered as he passed to place the new knife set in the kitchen.

You smiled to yourself, anticipating the night.

____

You were reading on your bed late at night when the doorknob turned. "Thatch?" you called quietly.

"Yup." The door shifted open and the man slid in. "Hey, hun. Tonight's party was great, I loved it," he said.

"Yeah. I'm glad you loved it." You smiled.

"Mm, but I love you more!" He collapsed on the bed by you, cuddling you close, leaving you to drop the book on the ground.

You were about to complain about how you didn't have your bookmark in, but your lips were stopped as Thatch's rested on yours. His smooth lips kissed yours softly. He pulled away, smiling. "So you needed me in here, huh?"

Your face lit up. "Not for that!" you exclaimed, knowing how he took it. "I just... Thatch," you said, "I love you. I love you so, so much." You stood, grabbing his hand and leading him to stand, too.

"I love you too."

"And," you continued, "I would love it," you pulled out a small, black, velvet box from your pocket as you knelt, "if you'd marry me." You flipped open the top, smiling widely.

Thatch laughed. You really did it.

____

"You know," you were saying once to Thatch, as you lounged in your room, "I really hate the whole gender-role dating thing. Like, why do you pay when we go to restaurants, and why can't I hold the door for you?"

Thatch shrugged. "Dunno. Guys gotta do a lot of the work, stereotypically."

You smirked. "Then, I'll be the first one to propose."

He chuckled. "I wouldn't mind that. But ya better watch out, or I'll take that one."

After that, it had almost become a competition. Who could get to the door first to hold it open, and who could pay for dinner? It was usually you, for the latter, since you kept stealing his wallet.

____

And here you are. You beat him to it.

"Yes, (Y/N). I would love to," he said, grabbing your wrists and bringing you up to his level so he could kiss you again, this one longer and deeper than the first.

"Well then," you said after pulling away. "I think it's about time we went to bed, my dear fiance."

_______

So, you learn something new everyday, today I learned I can't write Thatch to save a life.