Why do you love me?

Harry: It’d been on your mind for days as you visited him on tour, watching as thousands of women fawned over him. Back in his hotel room, Harry drying his hair with a towel as he stepped out of the shower, you decided to pose your question. “Why do you love me?” You asked, leaning up on your elbows. Harry chuckled but didn’t hesitate in his answer, clarity in his voice. “Because you love me.” It wasn’t the answer you were looking for, Harry laying down next to you in bed. “Millions of girls love you.” You brushed off his answer, Harry reaching to tuck a strand of hair behind your ear. “I know, but that’s just it. You love me, but not like my fans. You love me in a way I can’t describe, for who I am I guess. I mean, I love you for who you are but I also love you for loving me the way you do.” He pressed his lips to yours, laughing again as he knew that was just what you needed to hear, though it held nothing but truth. “Happy now?” And how you were.

Louis: Louis was silenced by the question, rhetorical really, but one that he had to answer. Your voice was close to cracking as you yelled back and forth at each other, fighting more than usual. “If I’m selfish and terrible then why do you still love me? I’m not forcing you to be here!” You’d pointed at the door, turning your back to him, palms pressed against the countertop. Familiar hands gripped at your hips, Louis sighing in your ear. “Don’t.” You swiped at a tear, disappointed that you’d let yourself cry. “I’m sorry.” He uttered, holding you closer even as you stiffened at his touch, still infuriated. “I love you because no matter how much we fight we always work it out. Isn’t that what we’re supposed to do and aren’t you supposed to be selfish when it comes to me sometimes?” You groaned, turning around to face him. “Then don’t hold that against me.” His forehead met yours, blue eyes glistening with regret at his former words. “I know and I’m sorry. I do love you and it doesn’t matter why because it’s everything.”

Niall: You’d been completely lost in a moment with Niall, mouth wide, a smile on your faces as you both laughed, holding your stomach to catch your breath again. “God I love you.” You spoke in an exasperated breath. Niall’s laughter ceased quickly, his demeanor turning from playful to serious. “Why?” He asked, shaking his head at you. “Because of this.” You motioned between the both of you, smiling at him. “Because you’re the only person who can make me laugh so hard my stomach hurts and how you always keep my favorite snacks in the cupboard. It’s stuff like that. I just love you. Is that okay?” You snickered, lifting his chin so that he was looking at you. Niall nodded slowly, blue eyes blinking up to look at you. “Yeah, I love you too.”

Liam: “Why do you love me?” Liam asked, the question coming as a surprise to you. After thinking for a moment, you came up with your first reason. “I’ll give you six reasons but of course that won’t nearly cover them all. You’re kind.” You stared, watching as Liam smiled, blushing a little with each statement. “You’re passionate and talented.” You held up three fingers, counting along with your reasons. “You’re a good lover.” You giggled, adding another. “You’re so loyal to your friends and family, and to me. Finally, because you love me despite my imperfections.”

Zayn: He was never able to understand why you put up with him, with the constant distance and time constraints that surrounded your relationship or why you stuck around. He’d never blatantly asked, only stating his confusion on the matter, though that only made you answer the question even without his asking. “I just don’t understand why you even love me, why you deal with this.” He shook his head. Yours drooped, gnawing at your lip as you pondered your never words. “I don’t know why I do either really. I just do and I can’t explain it, why I love you. I could list a thousand specific reasons why but we’d be here all day so I just need you to accept that I love everything about you, even the things you don’t.”