Your Song

Your song comes on when you’re out together. 

Harry: You hadn’t even been listening to the music that played in the background of the shopping center as you browsed the racks, absentmindedly searching for something new to wear. “Do you hear that?” Harry’s voice sounded behind you, making you flinch as you finally listened, the slow tune of your song playing over the speakers. Harry pulled you close, smirking as he began to rock back and forth in the middle of the store, drawing attention to the both of you as eyes pried away from their tasks, taking a look at the couple who danced. “What are you doing?” You laughed, blushing as you knew people were watching. “Our song is on so I’m dancing.” He smiled, continuing until the song faded out, unable to resist.

Louis: It took a minute for things to click into place, to realize the significance of the song that played softly over the speakers. Louis stood next to you, a bit stuffy in the suit he wore, seemingly entwined in the conversation he had with a potential business partner, smiling and nodding as you sipped at your glass of champagne, Louis’ hand finding your other, giving it a small squeeze in recognition of the song that played overhead. The smirk that shown on his lips was confirmation that he was listening and you blushed at the lyrics that somehow seemed to represent just what your love was. With a polite nod, Louis interrupted the man he’d been speaking to, turning your way. “I apologize but I would like to have a dance with my lady. We’ll exchange contact information.” He nodded, pressing his lips to your hand as he escorted you to the dance floor, words of truth like a lullaby in your ear and a familiar, comforting hand secured to your back.

Niall: Niall rested one hand in yours the other on the steering wheel as he drove, head bobbing to the songs that play on the radio. It wasn’t until those fist familiar notes came in that he let go of your hand, turning to look at you quickly, a wide grin plastered on his face. His eyes lit with knowing excitement as the first line began, Niall singing to the top of his lungs, you laughing beside him at the fact that this was your song, a goofy tune that just so happened to be the song you’d caught each other singing when you first met, only taking a moment for the pair of you to be sitting in his car, nearly yelling the words, reliving the moment that you’d met your love.

Liam: You kept your head down as Liam held you by the hand, moving quickly past the swarm of fans that stood outside your hotel. Liam gave a small wave and smile, looking back, confused as you stopped. “Listen.” You lifted your head, smiling at him as you started to sing the tune quietly, the song that played on a fan’s phone barely able to be heard over the slew of fans, all trying to gain the attention of Liam. You couldn’t resist as you stood outside just through the chorus again, listening to someone play your song amongst the on-lookers, an awe-worthy moment for the fans.

Zayn: Your eyes met Zayn’s across the table, recognizing the first notes to the song immediately, his foot scraping against yours underneath the table. You cast your eyes down, looking around at your family and friends who filled the restaurant, oblivious to the song that way playing overhead. When you looked back up Zayn looked at you, his eyes set on yours, drawing you in as his mouth formed every word to the song that you called yours. With a smile you began to mouth the words back and forth, taking turns with each line until you’d caught the attention of one of your friends, all beginning to watch like a domino effect that took place, a cute little moment that was you.