chapter twenty-nine

Layla's POV

I removed my big square sunglasses that covered half of my face when i stepped under a curved stall shade where a mid woman sells food supplies. I turned back to talk to farouk but he was talking to the driver who dropped us in the middle of a busy market.  I hit my legs lightly feeling pains from my shoe. The flight was not very bad but it was a very tiring journey because i couldn't get my thoughts together.

The car drove off and farouk walked up to me typing down half conciously on his phone and his other attention looking out to where he was stepping. I looked down at my tight shoes when i felt my scarf loose and i grabbed it in place. Its about 5pm in the evening so the breeze wouldn't stop messing with everything light.

"You look so. . . just breath more layla" farouk said, putting his phone in his chest pocket.

"Can we just go, my legs ache" i pleaded, trying to avoid his comment. My look was the least of my concern, I just want to remove this shoes and. . . to see sulayman.

"Yeah!. . .waiting for a confirmation before we get going. . .we are close by" He popped his lips.

I smacked him mentally. "Fine. . . okay!" i fold my arms looking away to the seller who was persuading a young woman to buy her vegetables.

He tapped at his wristwatch for some seconds and began to walk away. I waved at the woman in appreciation though she wasn't even looking and hurriedly followed farouk. We got into a less busy street and my legs were still shaking from exhaustion but i kept pace. Farouk opened a half shattered glass door that was screaming i am going to fall soon and i felt like i needed to scream help too when i walked into the closed walkway. Its so dirty.

We came upon another creaking door and we were out on a lone and quiet street. My stomach was begining to churn and i looked around dazed at whats in front of me but i dared to ask a question. Whats really happening with all this cunny pathways?

Where the jannah is sulayman. .?!

When abbi was talking to baba and mama to drive me carefully to the airpot the next day on mr omar's order. I couldn't believe it until my ticket was booked. i was angry and insisted i wouldn't leave. It was wrong for mr omar to involve me now. How could he possibly do that to me. I am sulayman's wife atleast according to him and i had every right to know things.
I called mrs kyla when i couldnt bring myself to be treated like a puppet anymore. Mrs kyla is full of love and forgiveness she made me understand and see things from a different perspective by telling me to give them excuses in my heart. It wasnt enough but i deeply wanted to be with sulayman either. I wish i could be with sulayman and give him the care he needs.

We walked down to a black suv jeep that was parked in front of a brownie inscribed coffee shop, farouk got in and i wasted no time in getting to the other side of the car. He nodded and made a thumb up to a figure that ran through the door we came out from. He ignited the engine and drove out of the street.

Farouk was tapping his lap lightly with one hand and the other on the steering wheel, he was nodding to something he must have been singing in his head. I am not expecting us to exchange any words. I know all questions in my heart will be answered when i see sulayman. I stretched my hand low to grab my hurting ankle and remove my shoes.

"Layla" farouk called.

"Yes" i hmmmned, flapping my legs in comfort, i sat upright.

"Ermmm. Are you ok?" he asked and i gave him a nod. He scratched his nose bridge carefully and tap his forehead. "You dont have to be weak in front of sulayman"

I rolled my eyes. "I know that farouk. . . Not to worry, i understand everything" I assured him. I interlock and wrapped my arms closely. I know i dont have to be weak, i just want to see my sulayman.