chapter ten

This chapter is dedicated to @dana9bm @shartou @mujibtabweer

One month later

Layla's POV

"Just like a dream" I opened my eyes with a throbbing headache. I am a part of the Abubakr family.

My nikkah with Sulayman took place yesterday. We had gone to the mosque and had a ceremonial nikkah at the event hall.

Sulayman signed the contract I gave to him forcefully after I threatened to call it off and say no to the imam at the masjid.

I looked around the room, shutting my eyes as new tears rolled down. I was brought in here to Sulayman's room by his cousins after the Nikkah ceremony, I was asked to change to my nighty as my luggage has been brought here earlier. I smiled at them faking everything perfectly.

I got familiar with one of his cousins named Shukroh, she came with Sulaymans family for my proposal and when my engagement ring was brought too.

Sulayman came in last night to take his Pyjamas from his dressing room and I have not seen him again since then.

"Where should I drop my luggage" I asked almost in a whisper when he was about leaving.

"There's enough space in the dressing room" he waved me off.

He got to the door, turning back slightly. "we would be using this room together, I don't want anyone to suspect a thing" I looked at my fingers. "I won't sleep in here with you, you have the room to yourself" he continued. He walked out shutting the door lightly.

"Of course we can never sleep in here together" I muttered when he left.

I sighed, standing up from the bed, I surveyed the room and walked down slowly to an entrance and found out it was the bathroom.

I walked in "This house is a palace" I widened my eyes in surprise "Why is everything this big". The whole of Sulayman's room can be used to build mini super mart no exaggeration.

I went back to the room fastening the door lock.

I removed my headscarf gently which had a thousand and one pin hooked to it. I had a quick shower, then changed to my pyjamas. I walked down the dressing room and couldn't shut my mouth for about 10seconds.

The dressing room is bigger than some stores I have seen, neatly arranged and well kept. Ya Allah, why waste so much space for just one person. I moved my packed clothes and arranged them in an empty wardrobe.

After about an hour I was done with everything. i brought out my prayer mat and a compass to check the Qiblah(prayer direction).

I observed my mogrib and isha prayer, I prayed to Allah in tears to guide me through the 8months, I prayed for abbi's business and for my grades in college.

I rolled the mat and lied at the right corner of the king sized bed. Not to exaggerate, this bed can occupy eight girls.

I closed my eyes, the thought of my parents, deliyah and ridwan flashed through. I have never been so apart from them ever except when I sleep over at aishah's.

Deliyah had cried, she wanted to go with me but I forced my tears back when aishah held my shoulders.

I just hope sulayman would let me see my family whenever I want to. How come aishah forgot to add that to the contract.

"bang bang" there was a soft knock on the door. I sat up on the bed wondering who it would be. I tied my head scarf walking to the door.

"Who is it?" I asked, praying it should be anybody except sulayman.