chapter nineteen

" Or What?" I yelled again, standing up from his side.

"That I am trying to stop myself from falling in love with you" he yelled back.

He stood up and walked slowly towards me.
"Dont move any further" I said, pointing the steel scissors and dangling it in front of him.

Did he just admit he's falling in love with you? Hell no layla, he's trying to buy you.

"You can deceive everyone but it's not in the plan to deceive me sulayman" I whisper shouted and sniffed a tear.

I am getting fed up of the whole situation, I don't know what is real and what's not anymore. My brain is oozing out of my head and I feel like it's going to explode.

He stopped and looked down his hand. I traced my eyes to whatever he was looking at. His knuckles looked damaged and stains of blood along his index and middle finger. I didnt notice he had such injury since he got into the room.

"See what I did to myself layla" he said after a minute, raising his wounded fingers. "I am hurting just as you" he roughened his hair with his other hand and narrowed the corner of his eyes in an apologetic way. "But I am sorry and I mean it" he sat sluggishly on the floor, lowering his head into his wide open legs.

I folded my arms, still sniffing on my tears. I don't care about his bleeding knuckles, I just need him out of my life. "What do you want from me?" I paused, looking at him to be sure my face is safe from any torture. "why do you want me dead, you proposed this contract and now I agreed. Why do you want to kil......?" I shouted.

"Because I am scared" he cut my words and stood up again, walking towards the arranged figurine. "I am scared i am falling in love with you" he said angrily, pulling down the figurine.

I flinched and understood that this is becoming danger. His mood has switched again and if I am not careful. This whole room would be dangling of scattered items and furniture. Is it true he's stopping himself from loving me?, I don't believe any of his words anymore. I refuse to believe.

"Sulayman please leave now!" I said sternly. "Or I am calling everything off this moment" I muttered.

"Are you threatening me hmmm" he moved away from the scattered figurine, kicking the sofa. He walked up to me turning his neck and giving me the dangerous look.

"Don't come closer" I raised the scissors, retreating back, his face gave birth to a deadly frown. I have not said anything much to change his mood. Why is he like this.

He just moved closer and ignored me, my hand trembled and the scissors fell from my hand in fear so I ran towards the door. I got to the door but the knob wasn't turning. I looked back at him and saw that he was getting close.

"Heeee-el-lppp" I screamed my lungs out.

He pulled on my scarf, dragging me away from the door. My scarf fell because It was tied loosely. I knelt down as my brown locks fell on my back. "Please Sulayman, please" I pleaded, my eyes was getting drenched and I am scared to death I wil never see my family again.

He bent down to my level, raising me up gently. He embraced me in a hug. I was shaking in fear and didn't bother to struggle in his arms. "I will hurt you no more my wife" he whispered, his breath fanning my back.

He carried me up in bridal style like he did the other day at the garden but I didn't bother to wrap my hands around his neck, I just closed my eyes tight praying inwardly for him not to hurt me.

He lay me gently on the bed and covered my body half way with the comforter. I didn't retreat or say anything, I increased my prayers as my eyes sting.