chapter five

Aishah’s POV

I woke up with the most pleasing sound.
The adhan!

I yawned lazily as I put off the splash notification on my phone. I stood up and prepared for my solah while abbi, rahyan and zaid left for the local mosque in the neighborhood.

Rahyan and zaid are my younger siblings and I am the only girl amidst them.

I have my first lectures at 8:30am so I still have one hour and half to sleep before I get my chores done.

I slumped on my bed as I zoned off to a marvelous sleep.

Bang bang. There was a knock on the door. I turned in bed and pulled my duvet over my head.
A figure jumped on my bed and I was forced to scream out in frustration. “zaid zaid please not now” I screamed using the duvet to cover my face. I know for sure he is the one.

“no no I want my chicken biyarni now” he stuttered still jumping on the bed.

I sat up. “zaid I have a headache” I dramatized holding my head. “I will make pancake with chocolate syrup” I said, using the duvet to cover my head again.

“promise is a debt didi” he started fake crying.

I have the most annoying siblings in the world. Zaid is 7 while rahyan is 12. I was busy with my project work last night but got so much distractions from zaid as he was pulling my hair insisting I make chicken biyarni for dinner. I had promised to prepare it this morning if he stopped pulling on my hair.

I rose out of bed in annoyance, ushered him out of my room. I went back to sit on my bed half awake, I did a monkey fall thrice while sitting to shake off all the sleep. I drooled to the kitchen to proceed the cooking. Ummi has been ill for two days. I have to put up with this two brats I call my brothers so ummi can have enough rest.

After breakfast, I cleaned the dishes and instructed the boys to prepare for school.
I have just 30minutes left to get to school.

I made sure rahyan and zaid leave for school first. I know how cunny they can be. “ummi is a genius” I exhaled rushing out to get Layla.

************************
I gave Layla a quick kiss at the parking lot and headed to my class. I was walking down the hall in deep thoughts.

I am never out of ideas. i actually came up with an idea earlier but I have to be careful. Any decision we make decides layla’s future. It will also be cruel for sulayman, I detest him but I don’t want him to suffer. I am a muslim and have to be just in all I do.

I hit my head on a hard structure and my books fell.

“ouch” I moaned rubbing my head.

I saw other strange books on the floor. “I am so sorry, I didn’t see you coming” I bent down to pick the person’s book when I realized it was a human and not a wall.

“I know you are daft, blind and that hijab on your head has covered quite all your brain.” the person replied harshly with irritation.

I stood up and looked into the person's face. he just messed up with the wrong hijabi.

Anxiousness ticked in my tummy. “Oh our almighty sulayman abubakr” I said immediately I took in his face. I dropped the books I had picked and stepped on it with my foot wear.

“hello bluzy” I started sarcastically. “if I knew you were the one, trust me I won’t dare to apologize” I said with a smirk shooking my head to the side. “moreover are these your books” I pointed at the scattered books on the floor then placed my hands on my mouth dramatically. “too bad i stepped on them” I crossed my arms shaking my head.