chapter twenty-three

Layla's POV

"Sulayman please stop the car" I said, turning to him. His hand was hard on the steering wheel and it feels like the poor thing would break anytime.

He glanced at me with the side of his eye. He held one hand on the steering wheel and used his other hand to grab his phone on the dashboard and threw it to my laps. "Explain this"

I looked up at him before picking the phone. I clicked the screen on and a picture of myself and farouk popped up. The moment when he was dragging my hand to the parking lot, I swiped again, the moment when he drove out and the rest of the pictures was moments we had together. Me smiling, him bowing and all.

I sighed.

"This is no evidence for your actions" I said after a while.

He looked sideways and parked the car beside a bus stop. He turned off the car engine and bore his gaze on me while I looked away. "This is enough evidence that my friend is flirting with my wife and my wife enjoys it" he shouted, his eyes roaming dangerously.

I got defensive and turned my gaze swiftly towards him. "You don't......" I paused my words. If he's fire right now then I have to be water. I am really tired of us getting into arguments for a long time and just reconciling in few days then going back to heated argument. I want the love we share in the past three days to continue.

"Why aren't you talking now" he banged the steering wheel, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I am sorry for everything" I said calmly and he looked surprise as to why I didn't snap back.

I can't believe myself too!!

It was quiet for some minutes, he adjusted in his sit and put his head on the steering wheel before he spoke up. "I am sorry too" his voice was calm, it had emotions. I give a nod of understanding and he pressed his hand on my left finger almost immediately. "I am sorry if I hurt..." He stopped and started to cough. I look up at him and saw that his nose was bleeding. He coughed more while I rolled out some tissues from the tissue box on the dash board.

"Here" I said, stretching forward to wipe his nose. He collected the tissue from me and gave me a thin smile. He wiped his nose and more blood oozed out. I began to worry as I rolled out more tissue.

"You need to get to a clinic" my voice was shaky.

He pressed the tissue on his nose "Someone is worried?" He smirked.

"Of course I am" I said turning to dispose the tissues as the blood stops already. I sit up back and he held my left hand again.

"I am sorry if I hurt you layla, farouk is just..."

"It's ok" I said, cutting him. "Let's go to the clinic first" my voice trembled and he sensed it.

"Stop trembling layla" he smiled, dropping my hand gently and I looked up at him in the eyes, the eyes I cherish most. He winked at me and I looked away immediately when color rises to my cheek.

Alhamdulilah heated argument gone..gotten the key! Fire----water!

"There's no need to be shy, you can stare on and on" he teased, flagging his collar.

I say nothing, trying to suppress the color on my cheek. I look out the window, my cheeks have betrayed me.

"Common look at me wifey" he teased on and shifted slightly to tickle my cheek.

"Now you're the one flirting" I said in between laughter as I try to block his hand from every part of me.

"Ok I'm forgiven right?" He asked with a glint of hope in his blue custard eyes.