Date Night (3/5)

TinCan Version

"Tiiiiiiin, can I come over to your place on Saturday night?I wanna see The Blue Hour with you..."

"Sure, Can... You know I always want you to come over. I've never rejected your wishes, unless they include something like sports or something that doesn't allow me to be close to you."

"AI'TIIIN...."

"What? Cantaloupe."

"Just... let me come over on Saturday..."

"I already said you could...didn't I?"

×××

It's Saturday, finally. I'm going  to see Tin, I asked him to see a movie with me, but the thing is we haven't had a date in a month because of the exams and Tin sat a rule that I couldn't come over when he has to study,  because I distract him too much. However we started our semester break and he doesn't have a reason to not let me over now. I want to see him so badly.

I go to his place at 4 PM. I'm standing outside his apartment and knock on the door, I hear some shuffling and a voice asking "who's there?"

"It's me."

"Oh shit... Ehm one second Can I'll be right there."

Huh what's going on... a few minutes pass and he opens the door for me to come inside. What meets me is a table set for two, there's a light burning and a bouquet of flowers on the table as well.

A smile breaks out on my face, I didn't even realize that I had been holding my breath and let it out shakingly... I look up at my goofy, romantic marshmallow of a boyfriend.

"Tin... This is so nice, did you do all this on your own?"

"Yes, I did this all for you. Because I love you and I've been missing you so much this past month. And I just want to spend some good quality time with my adorable little boyfriend." Tin pinched  my cheek and let me into the apartment. As he closed the door I turned and took a small step to him, when he turned back to me he was a little startled and hit his back to the door.

I smirk at him as I give him a quick kiss and a hug.

"Thank you, Tin. No one has ever done anything like this for me before. I love you so much."

"I lo e you too, Cantaloupe,  thank you for melting the ice prince's heart."

I smile and take his hand and turn my attention to the food on the table, for any other couple this might seem like so much food, but I'm happy that Tin ordered literally like one of everything on the small menu, because with a foodie like me it's going to disappear for sure. And I really like the jumbo shrimp dish he had ordered,  my mouth was watering just by the sight of all the food in front of me.

When we finish eating at last, or more like Tin nibbling and me inhaling the food. We walk to the bedroom and get cozy on the bed. We're cuddling close as we watch the movie.  When the scene where the boys go to the junkyard place at night comes I hide my face in Tins chest.

He holds me close and naturally by the end of the movie we're really just focusing on each other more than the movie. I really want to be brave today, I want to ask him something special, something important for us both.

"Tin... I have something to ask you... we've  been together for about three years now and I've been thinking...do...do you want to marry me?"

"Can... I was going to ask you, some day.... I wanted to wait until you're ready... so yes... I do want to marry you..."

He pulls me close and then he turns to take something out of the drawer on his nightstand. It's a small box with a pair of rings, one having Sun engraved on it and the other moon.

I smile as he takes my hand and places the Sun ring on my finger. And I take a hold of the moon ring and take his hand in mine, I push the ring onto his finger and bring his hand to my face, then I kisse the back of his palm.

Tin take a hold of my face then he kiss me gently, it's not too forced and I can feel that he is holding back. I get a little impatient and start tugging on his shirt.

"Not, tonight Can... Let's just sleep and cuddle all night instead. I'm sorry, I'm just very tired and I want to be close to you."

We end up doing just that, so the rest of our night is filled with small kisses, cuddling and just the two of us.

And frankly that's all both of us need.