Time...

"Time..."
- Phana × WaYo

########################

“Why do you even care? As far as I remember YOU were the one who broke up with me. YOU were the one who was tired of us. And YOU were the one who didn't want to be in a relationship with someone else because apparently you are too busy and don't have the 'time' to be with anyone. So why? Why do you care if I have a date with someone else. I begged you for more then 4 months not to give up on our relationship, but I was never good enough for you to begin with."

Those words pained me to say, but I had to. He broke up with me, and no matter what, the result ended in me being the only one left behind with a broken heart.

I should have known from the start. That the all too famous P'Pha, never really would see me like that. It was probably just a dream, I just can't seem to wake up from it.

"P'Krist... Can I ask you something?"

"Sure... What's up my dear cousin?"

"If you love someone, would you ever hurt them? Or would you rather prefer to be the one to be hurt?"

"That's a really odd question to ask... Yo are you okay? Why are you being scary?"

"it's P'Pha... Ever since he broke up with me it seems like he doesn't want me to be close to anyone else, but he doesn't want to be with me either so I don't really understand what he wants or what's going on with us anymore. I know that I love him and I want to be with him but what does that help me when he doesn't love me anymore."

"What nonsense is that... He loves you very much and I don't know why he broke up with you but I'm sure he wasn't the one who wanted your relationship to end."

"How can you possibly know that... He doesn't want me, and he certainly doesn't love me."

"Yo... Listen to me, you know what situation I was in right? When I first met P'Sing... You know how I always felt about him and how I never even thought about approaching him because I didn't like his friends and look at us now... We've been going strong for a long time now. Because we found a way."

"But... P' that's different. Because even a blind man can see how much you love each other. But for me, I have loved this man for many years already but he will never love me like that..."

××××××××××××

A few days has passed and today I was met with a note on my door. And a cup of Pink Milk hanging on the door handle. I picked up the note curious to see what was written on it and maybe get a hint on who left it there.
Of course it was P'Krist who had left it there. And I have to admit it's not the person I had hoped it was from.

(Phana PoV)

I didn't have the heart to tell him. So I went to his cousin, P'Krist instead.
"P' can we talk?"

"I don't know, can we?" he said looking at me. And I know that when I did this it could change everything. Either way I would not be able to stay with him, the love of my life.

"P'Krist please I beg you, just listen to what I have to say."

"okay okay calm down and tell me already..."

"I'm dying... That's why I left him, I don't want to pretend that everything is fine when it's not. I have a heart failure the I don't want to hurt him by promising him to stay when I know I can't. Can you please help me out and make him forgive me for being this selfish, I just don't want to hurt him anymore."

" Okay what... You're dying... And that's why you broke up with my precious cousin... Do you know how much you already hurt him?!!? I can't fix the damage you already did how the he'll do you except me to help him through this..."

I hung my head low trying to make this all go away, but I can't make it right in time. I'm already weak and I know I'll be gone by the end of the month...

" just please let him know that I'm truly sorry."

"I can't promise you anything Nong... I'm sorry but I don't want him to hurt that much again..."

And that's how when Phana died, WaYo was left with only a letter from the love he lost saying he was sorry for leaving him but as he said he didn't want to promise WaYo the one thing he couldn't give him...

... Time.