Chapter 4: Ninja Academy

Our heroine was snoring as a pig on her bed. Her blanket was so comfortable as well as her bed. She just didn't want to wake up.

"I see, snoring as a pig, huh." An unknown person commented. Aiko didn't seemed to hear the person because she was still sleeping. "Tsk." He pulled the blanket from her. She slowly opened her eyes. "Give it back, Ayame..." She said. "It's me, baka (idiot)." Neji answered. Aiko rubbed her eyes. "Neji?" She called, shocked. "What the heck are you doing here?" She asked afterwards. "I came here to pick you up. I told you to come over. You're thirty minutes late and now I see why."
"Just get out already. School hasn't started yet and I'm tired." She tried to take the blanket back, but Neji lifted it up. "He's such a... grrr..." She thought.

"What's the noise?" Someone asked, behind the door. "Oh... I fell off my bed!" Aiko lied. "Tsk." The person left. In the meantime, hid Neji behind a wardrobe. "Get out, please. They cannot find out you're here." She almost begged. "Fine. But you'll have to come out in thirty minutes. No more excuses." The Hyūga prodigy left through the window. Pfff.

Aiko prepared herself. She wore the outfit she bought yesterday. As for her hair, she sleek it down, did her baby hair, she put two yellow bobby pins. She looked at herself in mirror and turned around for a few times. Her peppermint perfume smelled really nice. She was all ready, but before she joined Neji, she first went to the kitchen and made two sandwiches.

"Neji!" She ran towards him. His back was against a wall and he had his hands inside his pocket. He did a peace sign as he saw her. She handed him a sandwich. "Here. We might as well eat."
"Thanks a lot." He thanked her. They both went on their way. Aiko had no idea where they were going to, because school was going to start in an hour.

"In order to become a good ninja, you shouldn't lose yourself." He started. "Hm?" She looked at him, in confusion. "I don't know you much, but I can tell that you went through a lot. If you ever need help, you can always come to me." He told her, sincerely. She hid her cheeks, that were turning red, but finally nodded. They both sat down somewhere. "So, you're from a far village?" He asked her. She nodded. "I'm from a poor family. So I was sent here at the age of five." She explained.

***

The classroom was full and noisy. Aiko didn't know where to sit. "Over here." Neji called. Aiko walked towards him. "Isn't it someone else's seat?" She asked in case. He shook his head. "I always sit by myself." He answered. "Okay. Then."
"But you have to go there." Points at the teacher's desk. "You're new, so you have to introduce yourself." She widened her eyes. "No, why?!" She panicked. "Because you're new?" He answered, ironically. She sighed. Neji was right though,  she is new and she has to go. "Breathe in, breathe" She told herself before going to the front.

Because our poor Aiko is so unlucky, she tripped over a bag and fell on the ground, in front of the class. Everyone saw it and burst in laughter, expect Neji of course. She had no other choice than ignoring all the mockeries. "Are you alright?" Iruka sensei helped her up. She nodded. "Naruto already told me about you. I'll do my best to help, okay?"
Again, she nodded. "Okay class, we have a new student. Her name is." He looked at her, so she could introduce herself. What?! Going in front of the class and embarrassing herself wasn't enough?! "I'm... I'm Aiko! Uhhh.... I'm twelve years old and I want to be a shinobi!" She introduced. "Aiko got transferred from another school and she's on trial. Please be nice to her." Iruka sensei told his class. Aiko lowered her head and walked back to her seat, next to Neji. "See, it wasn't that bad." He said. "Are you kidding me? I literally embarrassed myself in front of everyone." She answered. He smirked. "Yeah, you fell like potatoe bags." He mocked. The first day and she already embarrassed herself!