Chapter 3: Permission

"At the academy?" The elderly asked again, just to be sure. Aiko nodded. Fumiko-sama started laughing. "Hey, hear this up!" She called everyone. When the rest assembled, she grabbed Aiko's collar and threw her on the ground. "So this girl over here," Pointing at her. "Just woke up like this and wants to go to the academy." Everyone burst in laughter.

"A weakling like her? What kind of ninja would want to deal with her?"

"She's just obsessed with the Hyūgas!"

"Yeah, apparently this poor girl is just a freaking liar. Fumiko-sama went to the Hyūgas and none of them approved."

"Her life is so bad that she makes stories!"

"And now she wants to stalk them! If I was Lord Sixth I would've banned her. She already had permission to stay here as a normal citizen. Now she has the nerves to become a shinobi?"

"Just go back to where you come from, equals the dumpsters!"

The young girl stood up, head down and fists held. What kind of place is this anyway? She never made things up. Neji really saved her. She even fought with him, he carried her, they had a date and he walked her home. He is the one who told her to go to the academy. He said she would become a great shinobi! Without saying a word, she ran upstairs to her room and started crying.

"It's your own damn fault." Her roommate, Ayame, commented. "Man... If I wouldn't get in trouble, I would've killed you right away. You little b*tch!" She scolded her. Aiko didn't say a word. If she attacked her roommate, she would get in trouble. Remember when she swung Ayame around? She wasn't allowed to eat for three whole days. "B*tch say something!" Ayame yelled. "What do you want me to say then?"
Her roommate stood up and punched her stomach. Aiko bowed down and held her belly, that hurted so bad. It wasn't enough for Ayame to kick her head and beating her up. It was so unfair, Ayame could do whatever she wanted to without getting in trouble. But she, on the other side, had to face the worst things such as starvation.

***

Aiko had training at seven o'clock in the morning. She stood up around five and got ready. Her roommate was asleep as well as the others: Perfect time to leave. Naruto showed her some balance skills and she witnessed it when she was with Neji the other day. She opened the window and jumped. She landed perfectly on the ground. "Thank you, big bro for teaching me this." She thought, out loud.

"Yo, big bro!" Aiko ran towards him. His smile faded as he saw her right in front of him. "Aiko..." He called, concerned. He then approached her. "What is... that..." Pointing her face. Aiko looked away. "It's nothing. Really..." She lied. This isn't good at all. She was so excited about the training, that she forgot her bruises. Naruto is her brother now, so he'll be more vigilant. "Please tell me what happened. Who did this to you?" He asked her. "No one, I wasn't careful and I fell from a tree." She made up. Naruto widened his eyes. "A tree? Are you okay?" He asked, more concerned. She nodded. "Okay then... I think you should rest more. The training will be replaced to another day." He decided. "No, but-"

"Aiko, you need to calm down. You are strong, but don't push yourself too much." He told her. She just nodded. "Now that we're here, why don't we don't we go to Ichirakus? My treat!"
"What kind of question is this? Of course we'll go!" She accepted.

"The menu as always, please." Naruto ordered. The waitress took their orders and went to work. "So... big bro... There is something I gotta tell you." She started. Would he laugh at her like the others did? "I want to integrate the ninja academy." She finally said. "That's a good idea, want me to help you with the inscriptions?" Our heroine dropped her jaw. "What? You are not mocking me?" She asked, surprised. "No? Why would I? I mean, going to the academy seems logic since you want to be a shinobi." He answered. "I don't know if Lord Sixth is going to allow this... He was nice enough to let me stay at the Hidden Leaf village... Integrating the academy is too much I guess." She doubted. Naruto held her right shoulder. "Of course he'll allow you to enter the academy." He assured her. "How can you be so sure..." With a sad face. "Kakashi sensei never doubts in his people. If he allowed you to stay here, he believes you have an important role in our village." The blond haired shinobi explained. "Kakashi sensei?" Aiko was kind of confused. Naruto laughed out loud. "I haven't told you this, huh. Lord Sixth was my sensei. To me he is still Kakashi sensei." He cleared up. "That's so cool! Lord Sixth is your sensei?! Lord Fifth your grandma and Lord Fourth your father!" She was amazed. "Yeah... Anyway, let's go to Kakashi sensei's office before that lazy pervy man gets his eyes on his books."