"Not to do it." I sniffed as tears started to flow down my face.

"Then why do you keep on doing it?"

See, I was used to this. I was used to getting hit or punched, I was used to getting yelled and cursed at, I was used to getting snatched from work.

Hakeem has no chill. He thinks I'm his little doll he can just drag around and beat and drop whenever he wants too.

But the bad thing is, I can't get away from him. I've tried. I've tried to break up with him, it led to a trip to the hospital. I've tried to go M. I. A, he found me.
I can't never get away from him.

I'm stuck.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Kevin's POV
(Next day)

Walking into the Footlocker, I searched for Essence. I wanted to see if she was okay, and I wanted to get my shoes.

I walked to the front desk but I didn't see her.

"You're back? I like you." I heard.
I looked up to see the girl that was with Essence yesterday. Her name tag read Diamond.

"I just want to see if she's okay. Plus she was gone hook me up with the shoes I wanted yesterday but they didn't come in until today." I told her.

She nodded and went to the back.

Moments later, she came back and waved me behind the counter.

I walked through and followed her to the door that led to a door hangout spot.

I didn't see Essence until I turned around. She was at a desk beside the door.

"Hey, you good?" I asked as I walked over to her.
She didn't answer, or turn around so I tapped her shoulder.

She slowly lifted her head up and my eyes widened a little. She had a black eye.

I got this feeling, it was the same feeling that I got when I found out what Amelia's foster dad was doing to her.

I don't know why, I'm not even close to Essence, I don't even know her. But I feel something, it's weird.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked.
I pushed her hair out of her face to see red marks on her face.

"Why do you let him do that to you?" I asked as I sat in the chair beside her.

She looked down and started messing with her fingers.

"I tried everything. I even tried running away, he always finds me. I can't get out. I want to so bad Kevin." She told me as tears started to flow down her face.

"But I just can't." She cried.
I felt bad so I just hugged her and let her cry.

"Come on." I told her once she calmed down.
She looked at me confused as I stood up.

"Where are you going?" She asked.
I shook my head and held out my hand.

"We're going to walk around. We gone get your makeup done so you won't feel self conscious and we're gonna go shopping. On me." I told her.

She hesitantly grabbed my hand and I pulled her up.

"Hey, Diamond right?" I asked the lady.
She looked at me and then at Essence beside me and then nodded.

"Thank you, she'll be back in a few." I told her as I walked with Essence towards the exit.

I looked behind me and Essence had stopped.