The Telling

Kevin's POV

"Kevin!!!!!! Kierra!!!!!!! My favorite twins!!!!"
My eyes slowly opened once I hear Tina.

She was on vacation in Hawaii for the past two weeks, she doesn't have a clue what happened.

"Hey boo!" She squealed as she hugged me.

"Missed me? I know you did. I missed you too muffin." She rambled as she squeezed me.
She let me go and lifted my head up with her hands on my cheeks.

"What's wrong?" She asked, with concern clear in her voice. Her bright eyes pierced into mine, it feels like she's searching my soul.

I can't physically say it. I haven't said a word to anyone. But I did text Amelia, only because I didn't want to leave her on read.

I pointed to the tv, which was off, but I knew that when it turned on, that would be the first thing to show up.

She went to the tv and got the remote, turning it on.

And I heard the words I didn't want to hear, but I'd have to for the rest of my life.

"Breaking news, actress Kierra Alston has been pronounced dead after her twin brother, Kevin Alston, found her on the street with three gun wounds. Alston took his sister to the hospital, but it was too late. All of our prayers go out to the Alston family tonight."

Hearing sniffling, I couldn't help but feel numb again. I felt arms around my neck and I knew it was Tina, but I couldn't move. I was frozen.

"What are we gonna do?" She sobbed onto my shirt. When I didn't respond, she just sat next to me and laid her head on my shoulder.

I just want her to come back.

Everyone thought I was dead too, but when I posted that picture yesterday, everyone eased up.

I posted it because I kept saying it in my head, rehearsing for the funeral tomorrow

I posted it because I kept saying it in my head, rehearsing for the funeral tomorrow. I'm not ready. We planned all of this when we were little.
She said she wanted an open casket funeral and I wanted a closed one.