Heartbreaks and headaches

(3 weeks later)

Essence's POV

Hakeem has been doing me wrong ever since the mall incident. Every chance he gets, he either talks down to me, yells at me, or hurts me. But it's been more hurt than ever.

I wake up to being punched because I'm in his spot. His spot in my bed at my apartment. I just don't get it.

I'm still working at the mall, and I still see Kevin on a daily basis. He comes to the mall everyday just to talk and then he leaves before Hakeem comes.

"I gotta go, don't want to get you in trouble." Kevin told me as he hugged me tightly.

As much as the hug hurt because of all Hakeem has done to me, I didn't say a word. Kevin is like my escape, I don't have to worry when I'm with him.
I'm not scared when I'm with him, I can just be me.

"Be safe." Kevin told me as he looked me in the eyes.
I nodded but I could tell how serious he was.

"I'll try." I told him. He hugged me one last time before walking towards the exit.

He stopped like he was about to turn around, but he didn't. He just kept on walking.

Sighing, I continued to put up shoes hoping this day won't fly by so I won't have to see Hakeem so soon.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Charlie's POV

These past few weeks have hell for Amelia. She's been doing all kinds of drugs and drinking all kinds of liquor. She told me that she's doing it because she "almost killed him", and that's all she would say.
"I almost killed him. I almost killed him."

She would never explain, she would never tell the whole story, she'd just repeat it over and over again.

I came back from the UK yesterday, and I honestly don't know how long I'm going to stay. I need to make sure she doesn't kill herself.

"Amelia?" I asked as I opened her room door.
I walked inside to see her laying in the bed face down.

I quickly walked to her and turned her over.
Her eyes were closed, but her breaths were heavy.
She's not dead, just hungover.

Every time I see her, I try to tell her little things that would make her happy. But it never seems to work.

She rolled over in the bed and adjusted herself to where her head was laying in my lap.

Her eyes slowly opened and she looked up at me.

"Hey." She mumbled. I moved the hair out of her face and smiled lightly.

"Hey." I responded.
She sat up and scooted beside me, laying her head on my shoulder in the process.

"I have a interview tonight. I'm such a f*cking mess Charlie. I don't think I can do it." She told me quietly but loud enough that I could hear her.

"Who's it with?" I ask her. She shrugged, while rubbing her hands over her face.

"I just want to disappear." She mumbled.
I looked at her and noticed that she had started crying.

"Don't do that." I told her sternly, causing her to jump a little. She slowly looked up at me.

"Don't talk like that. Okay? You have to much to live for. You know that." She sighed and started messing with her fingers. "Right?" I asked her. She nodded and I let out a deep breath.

I hate when she talks like that. It makes me feel weird.

I love Amelia, I always have, but she had got into the industry and it's like she forgot all about me.
My feelings for her never changed, but I'm always hoping that maybe we could still be something.