“Oh, dear God,” I mumbled. She liked to set me up with guys, ever since I lost my last boyfriend about a year ago. She wasn’t a terrible match-maker or anything, I just wasn’t ready to start dating again.

            We finally sauntered inside the building and the guy at the ticket counter greeted us. He looked at least twenty years old and had short blonde hair. He asked if we were here to take pictures and we nodded.

            “What are your names?” he questioned.

            “I’m Jaz,” Jaz said.

            “And I’m Miranda,” I offered.

            “Great,” he reached behind the desk and grabbed two laminated press passes. “Here you go, ladies,” he handed one to each of us. “I think they are going to do sound check and then relax before the show. You’re welcome to go in, or leave and come back. Just be here thirty minutes before it starts.”

            “Okay, awesome,” we both chimed in.

            “We’ll go check out the stage and find out where the best angles are,” I decided.

            “It’s all yours,” he opened the door for us and we walked inside.

            “Wow,” the door closed behind us and I was mesmerized. “It’s actually bigger than I thought it would be,” I admitted.

            “Yeah, way bigger!” Jaz yelled and her voice echoed throughout.

            “Dang, this is insane,” I exclaimed and walked over to the stage which was partially set up with the equipment.

            I took out my camera and tested the buttons to make sure everything was working properly. I changed the settings so all my pictures would come out nicely even though it would be dark inside when the show started.

            “Hey, are you hungry?” Jaz asked me out of nowhere.

            “Yes, I’m starved.”

            “I can run down the corner and grab us some Chipotle, there’s still enough time. Or we could both go and sit down to eat.”

            “Yeah, I think I want to stay for a little bit longer; but you can go grab us a place to sit inside if you want. I’ll be there in like fifteen minutes.”

            “Okie dokie, can you set up my camera too? I want to set up beside the drummer so I can get some shots of the crowd, too. My stand is inside the case.”

            Good idea, I thought. “Sure. I’ll do it,” I took her camera case and set it on the edge of the stage next to mine.

            “See you in a little bit!” she exited out the same door and I assembled her camera stand on stage.

            “What do you think you’re doing?” a male voice behind me exclaimed.

            OH.

            “Um, nothing. I- I was just putting this together. I hope that’s okay, I didn’t mean to interrupt anything,” I stammered.

            The person revealed himself and I noticed it was the same guy from outside. “I was just kidding. I’m Wes,” he held out his hand.

            I shook it and added, “I’m Miranda.”

            “Nice to meet you,” he grinned and I noticed a little bit of a southern accent in his voice. It was a kind of unusual, but in a good way.

            “You too. Are you ready for the show tonight?” I tried to make casual conversation without looking like a complete idiot.

            “Yeah, yeah. I mean, I think it’s going to be good for a change. This is our first time playing here, actually,” he stated.

            “Oh, that’s so cool. You’re going to love it; the crowds are usually really pumped up. The last show I went to here was for Foster the People and you should’ve seen how many people were crowd surfing, it was insane. I mean-“ I stopped myself. “I promise I don’t talk this much, like ever. Sorry if I’m boring you, you’ve probably got much better things to do.”

            “No, not at all!” he reassured me. “It’s nice to talk to girls.”

            I couldn’t help but laugh. Who did this guy think he was?

            “That came out wrong,” there was a slight flush in his cheeks, “What I mean is girls that don’t go crazy within three seconds of meeting me. There’s too many of those,” he sighed.

            “I’m not like that, I promise. And I won’t be balling my eyes out or saying that I’ll marry you, either.”

            He laughed and said, “It’s completely ridiculous.”

            “Right?!” I agreed.

            The side door to the stage popped open and a guy with jet-black hair emerged. “Hey man, we need you to help haul some stuff on stage,” he ordered.

            “Alright, I’m on my way,” he replied reluctantly and the other guy went away. “It was really nice talking to you,” there was a look in his eyes as if he wanted to keep talking more, but  I didn’t let myself believe it. I doubted he wanted to stay here with me.

            “Yeah, you too. I better get going; my friend’s waiting for me,” I announced and said, “it’s okay if I leave our camera stuff in here, right?”

            “Of course. I’ll make sure the crew doesn’t touch it,” he promised.

            “Thanks, I’ll see you later,” we said our good-byes and I was off.