Chapter sixty eight- Upstate New York Avengers HQ

A/N: :D

———

I was able to catch up with the team. We were laughing, sharing tears, everything was great. Natasha pulled me to the side and even told me that Steve still had those feelings to me deep inside but I told her that I was confused on my feelings. We arrived to the upstate New York Avengers HQ.

We walked out of the Quinjet and headed inside making me sigh.

"I missed this place." I said out loud making the rest chuckle.

My smile faded once we got to where Rhodes was at. Secretary Ross was talking to Rhodes but that's when we walked in.

"Surprise bitch. I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me." I gracefully walked in while crossing my arms and glaring at Ross.

"Oh if it isn't the lonely girl." Ross said making me cock my head sideways.

"Oh if it isn't the douchebag that should've died once I escaped." I hissed making Steve and Natasha put a hand on my shoulders.

"Mr. Secretary." Steve then crosses his arms as well.

"You got some nerve. I'll give you that." Ross replied making me huff.

"You could some of that right now." Natasha snapped making me bite my lip so that I couldn't laugh.

"The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?" Ross said making me roll my eyes.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. Tony. So we're here to fight." Steve took a step forward, looking right at Ross.

"And if you wanna stand in our way.... we'll fight you too. And trust me, Y/N here won't hesitate to do so since you treated her badly during Solitary Confinement." Steve lastly said making me smile a bit.

"Arrest them." Ross told Rhodes.

"All over it." Rhodes replied before swiping off the hologram. The computer beeps twice.

"That's a court martial. It's great to see you Cap." Rhodes said.

"You too, Rhodey." Steve hugged him.

Rhodes then hugged Natasha and then looked at me.

"Listen, I'm sorry for what happened all those years ago. Can we start all over again? And I really like your hair." Rhodes looked at me and I smiled.

"Sure. Thank you. Come here show me some love too." I said making him chuckle and then hugged me.

"Well. You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years." Rhodes smiled at us.

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam said as he held onto Vision.

"And when you're stuck on a planet named Sakaar, there's weird people there and that's how I got my haircut and then I had to save Asgard from extinction with Thor and.... his brother.... well let's just say that I didn't have time to look good." I told Rhodes and I looked to see everyone with wide eyes and frown on their faces.

"But you know, Asgard was still destroyed anyways and then we got Thor's people on the big ship that saved everyone but then Thanos came and... and..." I continued to explain making Natasha rub my arm.

"And... lets just say Thor's people died along with... Loki... Loki.... and then that's when.. Heimdall.. Asgard's man who could see anything in the universe.... prayed to the Allfather... to let him use his dark magic one last time.. so that Hulk and I could get back home safe... and then he got stabbed I assume because... because... I'm sorry." I felt some tears falling before angrily wiping them.

"You're strong." Natasha told me and I nodded.

"I think you all look great... uh... heh... Yeah. I'm back." Bruce said as he walked inside the room making me smile.

"Hi, Bruce." Natasha smiled.

"Nat." Bruce returned the smile.

I looked over to see Sam holding Vision and then looked down.

"This is awkward..." Sam whispered but clearly I heard it since he really didn't whispered well enough.

~~~~~~

All of us moved to the other room.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodey asked us.

"And they can clearly find us." Wanda replies.

"We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce asked.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families, they're on house arrest." Natasha told Bruce who only looked at her in confusion.

"Who's Scott?" Bruce asked making me grin.

"Ant-Man." Steve and I said in unison.

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man? Okay, look. Thanos has the biggest army in the universe. And he is not going to stop until he.. he gets the mind stone which is in Vision's forehead." Bruce explained as I took a sip of my water.

"Well then, we have to protect it." Natasha shrugged.

"No, we have to destroy it. I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature. But also, a composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps... its molecular integrity could fail." Vision addresses Wanda as he nears her and I rubbed my head.

Vision gave me a headache. I mean, Jesus, with his long word and intelligence I felt dumb next to him.

"And you, with it. We're not having this conversation." Wanda told Vision.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it." Vision tried to explain.

"That's too high of a price." Wanda said.

Vision took her her gently in both hands.

"Only you have the power to pay it. Thanos threatens half of the universe. One life can not stand in the way of defeating him." Vision said.

Wanda walked away in distress. That's when Steve looked down and thought about what to say next.

"But it should. We don't trade lives, Vision." Steve looked up to see Vision.

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?" Vision said as he walked closer to Steve.

Steve took in a breath but before he had the chance to answer, Bruce stepped in.

"Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays." Bruce began to say and I walked over to stand next to him.

"Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, Bruce, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another." I told Vision and I saw that Bruce nodded to why I had to say.

"You're saying that Vision isn't just the stone?" Wanda asked with her arms crossed.

"We're saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts." Bruce explained.

"Can we do that?" Natasha asked us and Bruce and I shook our heads.

"Not me. Not here." Bruce replied.

"You better find someone and somewhere fast. Ross isn't exactly just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back." Rhodey said causing me to sigh.

"I know somewhere."