1.9

last chapter:

"hey hannah, can you not speak to me in english or tell anyone that i can speak english? a lot of people are dumb here and don't realize i speak it although i come from la, and i want to surprise them at the music competition, so can you please do this for me?"

"of course delaney! i need to work on my korean anyway!" hannah thankfully accepted and we both started to walk to the elevated once more.

delaney's p.o.v.

so hannah and i started chatting in korean, with her stumbling on her words a couple of times, but correcting herself after.

we were talking all the way to the elevator and got on. since we were on the 5th floor, and we had to get down to the lobby for the free breakfast. i pressed the lobby button and the close doors one right after.

once the elevator reached the lobby level, hannah and i rushed out so we could get our breakfast. anything for food amirite?

we quickly got in line and waited. the line wasn't very long so we got up to the counter in no time.

"can i please have 4 pancakes with strawberry syrup and whipped cream, a side of tater tots, a bowl of fruit, strawberry milk, and a vanilla latte please?" i politely asked the cashier boy who's eyes widened at the large order.

"are you really gonna eat that all?" hannah whispered over my shoulder.

i nodded and nudged her to order.

"o-oh yeah ok! can i please have a yogurt with berries and an americano please?" the cashier boy smiled at her and whispered under his breath.

"she got less that that pig, how're they even friends?" i scowled and blankly stared at the boy.

"LISTEN HERE YOU SHRIMP, DON'T GO TALKING ABOUT MY FRIEND LIKE THAT OK YOU FRACKING DEHYDRATED GRAPE!" hannah snapped at the boy who looked very surprised.

"calm thyself my dude, it's ok i'm used to it." i patted her back after i put our names down for the order and we started to find a table.

"you shouldn't be used to it though delaney! you don't deserve to be treated like that!" she crossed her arms and pouted.

"thank you though hannah, no one's ever stood up for me before."

"no problem! that's what friends are for!"

my face lighted up when she said the friends part. although we had only met yesterday, we were already so close it was as if we were friends for years.

"r-right-"

"hEY DELANEY OVER HEREEEE!!!"
i turned my head to the noise to see jeongwoo waving me over.

"c'mon let's go hannah!" i dragged her with me to where jeongwoo and the rest were sitting.

"hey delaney!" haruto and jeongwoo greeted in unison.

"jinx! you owe me a soda!" jeongwoo shouted to haruto.

haruto smugly looked at jeongwoo and spoke, "soda machine out of order, you owe me a quarter!"