0.6

⚠️warning⚠️ if you don't like topic of abuse you might not wanna read this! i'll put a line where the topic ends if you're sensitive about it

last chapter:

i slowly opened the door to see what i feared the most.

"it's 5:02. you're late."

delaney p.o.v.

"o-oh h-hi dad." i shakily said to him, too scared to look him in the eyes.

"you know what i said about being late, right?"

"y-yes."

he slapped me.

this is how i've lived since my mom passed away.

slap. punch. kick.

it's a a never ending cycle of torture.

"go up to your room and don't come back down!!" my dad yelled to me and pushed me to the stairs.

with the very little amount of energy i had left i managed to make my way up the stairs and into my room.

'why did my life have to turn out like this?' i asked myself as i grazed my fingers across my bruises and scars i have gotten from my dad.

i sighed and laid down on my bed.

"how're you doing up there mom? good? i wish i could say the same. luckily today some people have started to talk to me! maybe i'll find some happiness in them!" i talked to myself.

i could feel my eyes getting watery, so i stopped myself.

"i shouldn't waste my tears on this crap." i said while getting up to go to the bathroom.

i stood in front of my mirror and lifted my shirt up slightly to see multiple bruises given to me by my dad.

why me? why does this have to happen to me?

i slightly pokes one of my bruises then winced. 'bad move dude.' i thought as i changed out of my clothes i wore to school.

________________________

i looked at my clock to check the time.

'SHIZZ IM GONNA BE LATE' i thought as i scrambled to get different clothes on, being careful that i wouldn't touch my bruises or hurt myself in the process.

i locked my door then opened my window. this is the only way i can get out of my house without being caught.

i crawled through my window and jumped down with a roll. 'damn that was cool.' i thought, but soon after i cringed because of pain.

'fudge i forgot about that.' without any other thoughts i started to run to my work.

i work in a small and cozy cafe. many people tend to visit so i usually get tired, but hey, they pay me heckin well so i'm not complaining.