A Day at Shady Oaks.

Before he could say anything I put my head phones back in and made my way back to the cabin. What an arse. My summer was about getting life experiences, not an experience from some guy with an attitude.

"Hey sunshine, how was the run?" Elle asked from her bed, phone pressed to her face looking through Instagram.
"I've had better, would have been better if Kyle hadn't followed me." I said with a yawn, I grabbed my towel and a change of clothes.
"Ignore him. I do." With that she was back to staring at her phone.

I made my way to the showers, found it was empty and played some music on my phone, singing along. I was finishing up when I heard a deep chuckle from down the way.

"Really?" I huffed. I had all but got my towel wrapped around me and found Kyle, leaning up against the sink smirking at me. "Think I liked it better when you stopped following me."

His eyes roamed my body, making me aware I was just stood here in a towel. Realising this I turned away and climbed back in the cubicle changing into my bed shorts and vest top. This didn't cover much in the grand scheme of things, but was the better option than a towel.

"My eyes are up here tough guy." I said gesturing to my face.
"Think I like the towel better."
"Thanks, I'll be sure to ask your opinion from now on." I said rolling my eyes.
"Come on sweetheart, I know you enjoy having me around." He said getting closer till there was nothing left between us.

I took a deep breath, he was intoxicating but I wasn't about to dive head first into something 2 days in and the game he was trying to play, I'd done before.

"Again, that would imply I've thought about you. I've already told you, you've not crossed my mind in the last 24hrs." I said starring straight into those eyes.
"You know where I am if you change your mind Brit." He said taking my chin in his hand.
"Oh Kyle. I hope the image of me in a towel occupies you for the summer, because that's all you're getting from me. Is a back handed moment because you followed me into the showers." I brushed past him, "sweet dreams happy."
"Night sweetheart." His playful tone lacing his words.

I made my way back to the cabin, filled with a range of hormonal feelings and a scattered brain. He was right about one thing, if he continues this was going to be a long summer. I decided to push his smirk and dark eyes to the back of my brain and get some sleep.

I was up again extremely early and instead of heading straight for a shower I took myself for another run first. I didn't see him this morning, to my relief. Meaning I could focus on not straining my face with my constant eye rolls.

By the time afternoon came, I was looking forward to being lifeguard and watching as others were kayaking with the kids and making sure they were doing what they were supposed to. Out the corner of my eye, I saw Kyle take off his shirt showing his toned and muscular physique. Luckily, I had my sun glasses on and he couldn't see me starring, didn't stop him from looking over and giving me a smirk.

"Like what you see Brit?"
"Seen better. Keep trying, happy." I said back.
"Wipe the drool sweetheart, you've done it enough over me." Taking a finger and pointing towards the corner of his smirk.
"Both times have been about food, sorry to burst your bubble." The smirk on my face easily returned.
"Should keep telling yourself that." He said playfully.
"As much as this conversation has stimulated me, I'm bored. So if you don't mind." I say with a deep sigh.
"I don't mind you looking at me sweetheart." He shot back with a wink.
"Just remember, you're the one who wants me. Enjoy the images of me that you use to help you sleep at night." I pulled my glasses to the bottom of my nose and flashed him a wink. He threw me a chuckle as he went to help one of the kids get his life jacket on and I turned to face the rest of the lake.

For such an ass, he was a smooth talker. He had to do more than throw a flirty comment my way before getting me to cave in this game of chase however. After the afternoon sessions were over I walked over to the rec hall and grabbed some food.

"Hey girls, how are we today?" I'd missed seeing the girls today and was genuinely interested.
"I'm tired, kids and glue are not the greatest combo. I have it all over me!" Elle whined.
"Well at least yours is just glue, I had to clean up a kids sick today and I think I can still smell it." Kelly said smelling her hands warily.
"Eventful day for you girls. Mine was fairly ordinary. Minus the odd kid trying to break the strings on the guitars." I said chuckling with the girls. "Here's hoping tomorrow there is no more glue incidents, vomit or strong handed kids with instruments." Raising our glasses with a laugh.

I couldn't help but feel someone's eyes on me and I knew exactly who it was but I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing how my body reacted to him.

"Why is my brother starring at you sunshine?" Elle said quizzical. Causing Kelly, to look over and see what she meant.
"He seems awfully interested in you girl." Kelly said pulling her attention back to my face.
"For some reason, he's made it his mission to annoy me. Yay me." I said flatly. Hoping he looks away soon, I don't need the girls asking me questions I didn't know the answers too and I was sure if he continued, they would ask them anyway.

I'm not sure what got him interested or why he chose me to draw attention to. We didn't know each other and suddenly everywhere I turn he's got an eye on me. I just had to remind myself I'm not here for boys, but for me to make unforgettable memories. I just had to keep him at a distance and ignore the one liners he threw at me.