Chapter 13

"Seth!" I approached him, his gaze turned to normal, and he met me halfway hurriedly. He grabbed and held me by my right wrist and dragged me to the other side of the ballroom,
"What happened?" He asked while he breathed rapidly.

"I-I searched for you? I tried to reach out to your phone lots of time but you're not responding."

"I'm sorry. I was busy. Have you started talking to anyone?"
"No. Not yet-"

"Okay, good." He investigated me-his intense eyes looking at me from head to toe. Then, he gave a small, but contented smile, "You look...perfect." He said with the cold bedroom voice that only he can deliver.

We sat down in the nearest vacant table. They started serving international set dishes. All of them were delicious. Unconsciously, Seth and I started to talk casually, particularly about the sh!ts we did during High School. I never knew that he saw his teacher having sex with a parent and other stuff we laughed about.

He's so open to disclose about himself until he asked me

"You? How 'bout you?"

"Me?!" I asked rubbing my thumb through the linen.

"Yes, you?" He asked looking at me with a very light vibe.

"Uhmm...I was a nerd in High School--"

"And you were part of the school paper?" he added

"How'd you know that?"

"Obviously...." He said looking away from me after then he bit his lower lip.

"Oh! Yeah, I think it's quite obvious."

"Well? That's it?"

"What, that's it? Yeah...That's it...I was quite a loner so I have nothing to tel-"

He interrupted me and slid in a slice of watermelon to his mouth.

"So...How about your most awkward moment?"

"In- In High School, you mean?"

"Yup."

"I was always in the awkward stuff." He laughed his eyes sparkling and marvelous.

"I expected that. Give me one at least"

"I- I- Well...I told everyone the-the school's boy next door tried to take advantage of me..." his face became frozen after my shameless confession of being a thick face geek. "No-no- I-I'm sorry about that. Tha-that's- -"

"No! That's not awkward...Not at all." He's damn serious

I tried to focus and explain my unreasonable reason,

"I mean no one believed me of course and that scarred my reputation in school. They sympathized with him. They said I'm just trying to run the show and that's the most embarrassing decision I've ever done" I said while giving him a shy smile. He shifted my body facing him. His hands over my shoulders. 

He looked straight to my eyes

"What had he done then?"

"Uhmm.. He forced the door of my cubicle inside the girl's washroom. He told me that no one will hear for the door was locked and yeah- - He tried to touch me, but I bit his hand hard, then I got away" he looked worried

"That's why..." he whispered

"What?"

"No, no, nothing" he shook his head and smiled back at me.

I thought he realized that my HS years weren't that nice that's why he kept on talking about his. As we were laughing together, I caught the blonde bombshell in purple slutty dress staring creepily at us.