Chapter 26

SETH

I want Angel to be a confident young lady, but sitting here on a park bench and watching her eat her Happy Meal will never make her realize that.

I mean...look at her. Her emerald eyes are just so big and piercing-they're very attractive. The uniqueness of her natural Poppy Red hair is just so tantalizing and add that sweet smile and the great personality.

I knew that the reason why she acts so flimsy was because she's not comfortable, not experienced and definitely not confident. I discerned that she has these great women-empowered principles, and I admired her for that. But sometimes, I noticed that she has something she's keeping to herself. I knew she's holding back.

I breathed hard. This thing's gonna be hard.
"I've got an idea!" I said as while her gaze turned into questioning.
"What?"
"Promise me you'll agree!" I told her as her face mocked me
"Who the hell are you?" Come on! I have to sell my proposition or else, "I'm your friend!" delivered with genuine pride.

I saw her face turned blank and sagged down the floor. "Should I trust you?"
"What the fvck?!" That one was insulting,
"Okay, okay! I'm sorry...I-...Fine! Lemme hear it..."

I discussed my whole proposal to her. She found it hard to decide. Her feet were tapping alternately, on the floor. She looked like she needed to pee, urgently.

She called out to me worriedly, "Seth..."
"Hmm??"
"I'm scared." My mouth dropped
"Why? I'm not gonna bite you!" her face flattened with my sentence.

Suddenly, I remembered I bit her when we kissed. Damn. "Fine! Trust me. Just trust me, okay?"
"We just became friends after several days,"
"What? Does your friend need to be friends with you for a year, just to say they are true." I debated

She, then rebutted, "But-but...You're different you know. At first, you scared me then after Guam you- Uh...I don't know," she's fvcking nervous about nothing.

"Look at me, Angel." I commanded, but she declined. "Angel..." I called, yet her stubbornness was beyond compare.

I placed my right hand on her left cheek and had her face me. She closed her eyes very tight avoiding my gaze. Her cheeks flushed. I rolled my eyes at her.

God!

I pushed my hand slightly and her face swayed with the motion, "Aw!" she complained while touching her left cheek,

"Angel!"

"It kinda hurts, y'know"

My face turned serious, "Look at me" this time she did with all eagerness. However, I can see how she suppressed that particular look in her eyes.

"You're someone special, Angel." Her lower lip dropped as her eyes grew wider. I chuckled at her reaction. "Stop it! Will you?" She closed her mouth and remained calm, again.

"Not like that...I mean...I haven't disclosed yet about how I feel except from you. I mean it. Only to you. I really never talked about my mom's incident to anyone- EVER." I said as my tone became darker and voice deeper.

The look in her eyes changed and she confessed, "Me too...I thought I would look funny if I'm going to tell them that my prom partner ditched me and I waited for him 3 hours long. That's why I never tell anyone, even to my friends... No one, but you..."

No one but me...This was the first time I felt special. Those words pinned my heart and it went deeper into my soul.

My fingers went gritting the bench-scraping the wood. I felt goose bumps all over my body. I felt abnormal. There's something wrong with this. I can't contain the emotions.

Angel noticed my unexplainable reaction, "Seth, are you okay?" she caressed my right upper arm and shaking me off, "You became pale...Is there something that I said-"

"No, Angel. I'm just fine." In my effort to bring everything to normal.

Inhale, exhale. This will help me process things...

"So do you trust me now?" I asked with my normal tone and pace.

"Hmmm...Yeah?"

"Great!" I grinned and I noticed her fist tightened. What? Is she mad at me? Is she trying to punch me?

I frowned and gave in a growl, "So are we like bestfriends? Or what?"

"Angel! So...do you agree?" I asked

"Okay." She said plainly while she gave in a pretty smile.

Bestfriends, huh? I don't think so.