Chapter 3 | Meeting The QB

Start from the beginning

I raise my eyebrow. "You know you have a really big ego. Let me guess overcompensating for a smaller part of you?"

His face falls, and the guys burst out laughing, but he quickly regains his composure. "Why don't you come back to mine and I can show you how untrue that is?"

"I'd rather rip my own eyeballs out and eat them before I ever slept with someone as ugly and egotistical as you. It's not untrue, because the girls around campus who actually slept with you regretted it. They all talk about how small your dick is and how you left them unsatisfied," I smirk. His jaw clenches and his teammates laugh again.

"Well, it's nice to know that you can take care of yourself," An older man says walking over to us. "I see you've already met Avalon, and clearly she's made an impression. I'm Coach Brown," He says sticking his hand out for me to shake and I do, smiling at him.

"It's nice to meet you. Thank you again for signing off on this."

"Now, I need to remind some of you idiots more than others to be respectful towards her. Because if you're not, then I will make your life hell during practice. After practice, you all need to make interview times with Avalon so she can start on her project." Coach explains to the team before turning to me. "Avalon, if you need anything and can't find me you can go to Noah since he's the quarterback," Coach points to Noah who smiles at me and I nod. "Alright, boys warm up! Avalon, you can take a seat at the side." He points to the side of the field where some benches are lined out at the side.

I nod my head before making my way to the side, sitting down on a bench and getting my stuff out. Looking up at the field, seeing the team getting into their positions. I take my focus on the field and look around before my eyes land on the cheerleaders as they walk through the gates and to the side of the field. Seeing me sitting on the bench, some look confused yet welcoming, while others throw glares my way.

This is going to be a long semester.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours later and the continuous loop of the players throwing and tackling as well as coach's shouting has finally ended. I'm exaggerating a little. Watching them practice hasn't been as awful as I thought, minus the fact I don't understand the game or the terminology. The notes I have been taking for my article on the players and the game are a little wrong terminology wise...ok more than a little wrong.

"Alright everyone, practice is over for today. Hit the showers!" Coach shouts, ending the practice and the team heads back to the changing rooms. My phone goes off from inside my bag and I reach over to take it out, seeing a text from the group chat the girls and I share.

Hannah: How is it? How hot are the players? Answer me, woman!!!!

Me: Once again, you have a boyfriend!

Sierra: Ignore her, she's mad Seb has class so can't talk and she needs attention. Meet up at 7 for drinks at The Bar?

Hannah: I do not need attention!...ok maybe just a little.

Liv: Can't tonight, Nick and I have dinner plans with the family.

Me: I'm in, meet you both there. Liv, how do you not stay confused watching a game? I've endured one practice and my brain is confused.

Liv: Smile and cheering is your best friend.

"Why are you sitting on the sidelines? Are you that desperate for the players to notice you?" Someone asks, taking my attention off my phone I look up seeing a redhead in a practice cheer outfit with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face.