twenty-nine. moonlight talks.

*im switching to third person sorry*

of course maddie did not like jaeden. not like that at least. no because that was too easy. she was in love with her best friend's crush, now boyfriend. and there was nothing she could do about it. and jaeden? he was broken. he had loved emmi for as long as he could remember, and she did not even have the heart to let him down. instead she posted on social media for the whole world to see that she and noah were a thing. so, maddie and jaeden decided that they might as well be sad together. not like that exactly. they really just wanted to avoid the media's questions, and already half of the internet shipped them together so they thought they might as well. they faked a relationship. and of course everyone believed it. well almost everyone.

Jaeden and Maddie were walking around set together, holding hands. It had been about a week and a half since the social media posts, Jaeden made increasingly more trips to set, much to Noah's annoyance. Its not that Jaeden went to set to purposely anger Noah, even though he is dating the girl he is in love with. It is for Maddie. She can't stand being around Noah alone, because all the two do are flirt. The cast knows it, the crew knows it, even Finn, who has been in Canada for the past five months knows it. And Maddie feels guilty. Guilty that she is flirting with her best friend's boyfriend. Guilty that she leading Noah on.

Guilty that she did not fight harder. Everyday, Maddie thinks about how if had just asked to go first, that maybe, just maybe, Noah and Maddie would be with each other.

Anyway, it is easier when Jaeden is there because Noah will stay away, at least a little more. But Jaeden is leaving soon to go see family in New York. He is leaving Maddie for three months alone. Alone with Noah.

Once Noah leaves the Jaeden and Maddie alone, Natasha runs in and whispers "You can drop the act now." Of course she knows. She and Finn are the only two. Even Maddie's family believes the two are dating. Well, I mean it can't be that hard to fool them. The entire internet has thought that Maddie and Jaeden have been dating for years. However, it was still hard.

That wasn't even the worst part. At least on set, Maddie had buffers or excuses to stay away from Noah. But when they got home, it was fair game. She tried to stay away, but she couldn't resist their endless movie sleepovers or late nights at the beach. He was her best friend, she couldn't stay away.

Early August, nights were still farely hot in Los Angeles, so the two decided to go outside to the pool. They originally only put their feet in until Noah found some floaties for each of them to lay on. They both lay on separate floaties looking up at the sky, silent, until Noah spoke up.

"Hey Madds?" he whispered in that sweet tone he reserves for her.

"Ya?" she whispers back, still looking up at the sky.

"Have you ever been in love?" he whispers, staring at her face illuminated by the moonlight.

She smiles at the sky and lets out a sad laugh to herself as she turns on her side so she is facing the boy. "Just once" she responds in a hushed tone.

There is a small pause before Noah speaks up meakly "With Finn?"

Her smile remains as she whispers back "No." she shakes her head.

"Then with who?" Noah asks as he studies Maddie's face.

She tucks some hair behind her ear before responding "Someone I can't be with". Her expression quickly falters as she turns on to her other side and begins to draw circles in the pool. She can feel herself on the verge of break as a few tears run down her face. The silence is interrupted by the swishing of water as she feels her floatie sink a little. She slowly turns and sees Noah laying next to her.

He is quiet for a second before asking, this time raising from a whisper "Then why do you love him?"

"Just because I can't be with him, doesn't mean I don't love him" She responds and smiles weakly at the boy. He returns the gesture. She turns arounds and closes her eyes as she feels an arm wrap around her waist protectingly, and pulls her close. She can feel his chest and his heart beating against her. Slowly, she drifts asleep to the rhythmm of his heartbeat.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 27, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Falling~ Noah Schnappजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें