fourteen. my person

Evangeline and I walk down to the boutiques while Noah and Dad set up a little area on the beach. We walk down and I find a blue bikini that I like.

As we begin to walk down toward the beach Evangeline asks "So you and Noah?". She wiggles her eyebrows.

"You are so silly!" I say laughing. "No we are just friends" I tell her.

"Are you sure?" she asks me.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I hear you guys calling at the latest hours of the night. I see how you smile when you text him." she starts.

"Thats because I love talking to him. He's my best friend" I reply.

"Ok. Just the way you guys look at each other" she whispers. "It is definitely not a friend look"

I see Noah waving at us, and smiling. I instantly smile back. Evangeline is so wrong. He is just my best friend. Right?

My thoughts are interrupted by Noah. He asks "hey you want to go down to the water?"

"Sure!" I reply. I had put my bikini on under my clothes, so I just take them off. I tap Noah on the shoulder as he is talking with my dad and ask "Ready?"

I get no reply. He is kinda just staring at me, looking me up and down. I unconsciously bite my bottom lip and I can feel myself blush, just as he does.

"U-uh ya." he stutters.

"Race ya!" I say, as I begin running down to the water. He doesn't move for a second, but snaps out of it and begins to run after me. We finally reach the ocean, me a few seconds ahead of him.

"Ha ha I win!" I yell, sticking my tongue out at him.

"No fair. You got a head start" he replies.

"Sorry I don't understand loser" I giggle.

"You know what Madds..." he begins. Suddenly he grabs my waist and throws me toward the water.

"OH NO MISTER!" I yell. I begin to chase him around trying to splash him. I eventually hop onto his back, until I see my dad took a photo.

"DAD!" I yell. Noah falls back first into the water, sending me with him.

I come up, drenched, and my dad replies "What? You guys looked cute together!"

I look over to see Noah laughing at me. "Oh no you don't" I say, running after him.

We played in the water for about an hour, and then ate dinner at one of the local restuarants. The occasional fan would come over and ask Noah for a photo. Dad, Evangeline, and I would just laugh at him. We all were in baseball caps and sunglasses. We were all smart.

At one point he whispered "How come I am the only one fans are coming up to?"

"We are in disguise" my dad tells him, pointing to the sunglasses and baseball caps.

"Those aren't disguises" Noah laughs.

"Ant-Man and the Wasp movie begs a differ" I reply, giggling. We finish our food and drive home. In the car, Noah and I post a few pictures.

 In the car, Noah and I post a few pictures