eighteen. let's get this bread part 2

Jaeden drives both Noah and I to the airport. We talk for most of the car ride until we pull into the parking lot of the airport.

I let out a sigh and look at Jae, who tries to give me a comforting smile. I get out from the shotgun seat and go around to the back with Jaeden. He gets out a small bag and gives me a slight nod. "Let's hope this works" he says to me.

"It will Jae don't worry" I say, putting a hand on his shoulder,

"What will work?" Noah chirps.

Jaeden just laughs at him and says "Just wait bud". He locks the car and walks in front of Noah and I. I decide to try to give him some space. Jaeden has loved her for about 4 years now. And has never said anything. He has always been her friend, he has always been exactly what she needed.

Noah gives me a fake pout face "I want to know what you guys are up to" he says, trying to guilt trip me.

"I'm not telling you anything" I smile, and tap his nose. "Especially after this morning" slips out of my mouth. I immediately regret saying that.

"Ohhh" Noah says, wiggling his eyebrows at me and rubbing his shoulder against mine. "Did I, suprise you?" he says, shaking his shoulders up and down.

I just roll my eyes, and try to suppress any blush that may creep onto my pale skin. "Whatever Schnapp" I say, lugging my arm around him. He puts his arm over mine and looks at me and smiles.

That's when I hear it. "NOAH SCHNAPP?" bellows through the airport. Good thing not many people are around right now as it is 11 on a Wednesday.

The next thing I see is a blur of bright blonde curls whirl and come toward me. I look over to Jae, holding Emmi's favorite flowers, lillies, who is looking back at me. He looks heartbroken, and I can do nothing to comfort him from where I am standing.

Emmi comes toward Noah and I, and completely knocks Noah and I off our feet.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry Noah" she says, helping him up.

I roll my eyes and help myself up, and walk toward Jaeden. I just give him a hug, and slug my arm over his shoulder.

He gives me a sad smile, and looks back over to Noah and Emmi, and sighs.

I look over, and roll my eyes. Look I love Emmi but seriously? That was awful.

I see the two give a hug and laugh together. We walk past them and I hear them both talking.
"I love you in Stranger Things" Emmi exclaims, ecstatically.

I quickly shoot Noah a text, and continue to walk with Jaeden. I lead him over to a small Starbucks in the food court of the airport. I sit across from him, and just rest my head on my palms, waiting for him to regain his composure.

He just sighs again and looks down at the lillies in his lap. "She didn't even see me" he says, still looking down.

I just grab one of his hands, which was resting on the edge of the small table in between us. "Hey. Me and you. Against the world" I say, smiling. This is something we have been saying since we were 10, shooting the Book of Henry. I still remember the first time he said this. I was crying on the Book of Henry set. The shooting had wrapped for the day, and it was a late Friday in September. It was my birthday, and my dad and best friends were in all in L.A., which seemed to be worlds away at the time. This was the really the first time I was completely on my own, and I was alone for my birthday. I found a corner in my trailer, held my knees to my chest, and cried into my arms. I heard the door creak open to my trailer, but kept my head in my arms. Jaeden came in and slid down the wall and sat next to me.