[?] Mind Of A Child [2]

Zayn is stressed out. When he's ever stressed out, he pulls out little toys from his childhood. Preferably little toys from his baby days.

____________________________

After the boys found out about Zayn's secret, he had become even more distant than before.

No, the boys didn't make fun of him.

No, the boys didn't tease him about it.

In fact, no one even brought it up.

It just bothered Zayn that the others knew about it. It wasn't the worst thing in the world, yet he made it sound like it was.

In yet another hotel, Zayn was sat crossed-legged on an uncomfortable couch (that might as well be made of cardboard). His arms crossed and his eyes darted at the television screen as Teen Titans Go! played (a stupid Cartoon Network TV show).

Liam walked out from his bedroom. He was gonna head right out the door and leave to go buy some food, but paused when he saw Zayn.

"You alright Zaynie?" Liam asked, walking towards the couch. Zayn shrugged snottily, tapping his foot.

Liam cocked his eyebrow. "Something's up your ass." Liam mumbled, walking around the couch and sitting beside Zayn, "what's wrong?"

Zayn ignored him and continued to watch the show.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Liam asked with more concern, cupping his hand over Zayn's knee. Zayn looked at the hand, then up at Liam. His brown eyes glossing over.

"Aww Zaynie," Liam pulled Zayn into a warm embrace, "what's wrong baby?"

A quiet sniffles came from Zayn, letting himself fall onto Liam.

Liam rubbed Zayn's back in circles, whispering soothing words into his ear.

Ten minutes passed by and the two were still in the same place when Harry barged into the hotel room.

"Hey Liam, Paul was- hey, everything alright?" Harry paused when he saw Zayn bawling his eyes out on Liam.

Liam looked back at Harry and mouthed, "I don't know."

Harry mouthed back, "Find out then."

Liam rolled his eyes. "What do you think I'm doing?!" He pointed at Zayn and staring nastily at Harry. Harry raised his arms up defense, "sorry."

Zayn sniffled and looked up from Liam's chest. Liam looked down at Zayn and caressed his cheek. "Are you gonna tell me what's wrong now?" Liam asked calmly. Zayn shrugged and looked at his lap.

"Staring at your lap won't help me figure out what's wrong," Zayn looked back up, "just talking to me would be way easier." Liam said, giving Zayn a warm smile. Zayn hid his face in Liam's chest.

"It's stupid." Zayn said.

"If it's bothering you, it's not stupid."

"But this is stupid."

"No it's not."

"You don't know what it is!"

"I will know if you tell me."

Zayn sighed and rested his chin between Liam's pecks.

"Management has been on my ass a lot recently for shit I have n-nothing to do with." Zayn took in a shaky breath, "Then-Then there's the fans constantly as-asking if I'm dead. I mean, I don't g-go on-on Twitter as much as you do, but not going on it doesn't mean I'm d-dead." Zayn looked down at his hands with his face still pressed up against Liam, "And now - for some odd reason - L-Louis wo-won't talk to me. He always seems to hate me. He gets more attention than I do, so I don't know why he's so upset with me. All of this is just... really stressful." Zayn said, sniffling and rubbing his eyes. Sadly, it didn't stop the fresh new tears from falling.