Chapter Six: First Quest Out West

After we departed from the grand lord's estate we stopped for breakfast and then made our way to the adventure guild.

Tyvera, who on our way here said she would like us to call her Ty, still needed to register.

The same receptionist who help Damara and I register was here manning the counter again.

"Hi Cheryl," I said as I approached her desk.

When she looked up and realized it was me she jumped like I startled her and turn red.

Damara released an audible sigh before grabbing my shoulder stopping me from getting any closer to the desk.

"Joten, how about you go to the board and find us a quest and I'll get Ty registered," she said.

I reluctantly agreed and went to look over the board.

The rules for selecting a quest was very specific, so I had to be careful how I went about it.

The board had different areas for different kinds of quests. There were open-ended quests, which were quests with no deadlines, such as goblin slaying, the quest notification was not to be removed from the board, all you had to do was bring proof of the subjugation to claim the reward. Most adventures just brought the ears because it was light and easy to carry.

There were the one-time quests, which would require you to pull the notice and turn it in, such as transport or delivery.

There was also multiple taker quests, which gave the option of having multiple adventures take, dungeons and tomb raiding usually fit here. Those had tabs to pull and turn in.

The quest also had rank requirements. This guild featured a five-tier adventurer ranking system. From bottom to top the rankings were stone, copper, silver, gold, and platinum.

A majority of the quest available to the stone ranking were simple laboring jobs in the city like construction, cleaning, and sometimes door guard jobs. I would have pulled my hair out if I was tasked with something so boring.

Copper jobs were where quest requiring you to leave the confines of the city wall began, but none involved monster subjugation. All the copper quest involved gathering or reporting. Occasionally you would run into monsters while you were out gathering herbs so you still had to be prepared for a fight anytime you leave the safety of the wall.

Silver rank, my current rank, was where subjugation quest began. Of the subjugation quest available eighty percent were of the open-ended variety, there was a few which dealt with lowly monsters attacking villages.

However, for the most part, once a village or any form of human settlement was attacked it becomes a gold rank territory.

There were no platinum ranks posted so I didn't know of the kind of quests they would take.

I had no specific requirements, all I knew was I wanted to do something that would take me to a place I haven't been yet.

There were a few quest for transporting farmers to and from Poteen Village, but I have already been there.

"Pick anything yet?" while I was looking Damara approached me with Ty, who was proud to show off her silver rank plate.

Seems as though she was bumped straight up as well.

"No, not yet," I responded

All the quests seem rather generic if you asked me.

Damara began looking over the board as well,

"Looks like it depends mostly on what kind of creature you want to slay, do you have a preference?" she asked.

"Not particularly, maybe one I haven't fought yet," I responded.