Chapter Two: Part Two

Its been a week since I met the Goddess Hekate. I manage to starve off Damara's unending questions by feeding her bits and pieces of information. I had no intention of keeping it a secret, but I did prefer to discuss it with the king and queen as well. So far I revealed to her I have a high affinity for nature magic and the true nature of the grimoire.

Now was time for the military operations meeting the king wanted me to attend. In most case these meetings were for high ranking military officials or people with information that would be of use, however, there was about thirty people present. This could only be allowed because of the size of the fairy village. The extra people on hand did try their best to make sure their presence did not interrupt the meeting. We were in the same building Damara and I was invited by the fairy queen to earlier. The same people were in attendance here as well in addition to the fairy generals son; Damara's fiancé.

King Oberon spoke announcing the reason for our gathering, "All of you hear me now, this meeting is to finalize battle plans. I will tolerate no outburst or interruptions of any kind. Joten you have the floor."

I told him last while during lunch I had some plans that I came up with recently that I want to discuss.

I nodded and stood before speaking, "for those of you who do not know who I am, my name is Joten Caru I was hired by the esteems princess Damara to aide in your plight."

Damara lowered her eyes at me when I put an emphasis on the words esteemed.

"From what I know the goblin army will be attacking us simultaneously at the different points, their attack formation looks like the letter "E", so we will call it their E-formation. The reason this formation causes a problem for us is that due to our sizeable difference in numbers spreading our men and defending on all three points is not feasible. However even less feasible than that is defending on point and allowing the other two attack lines to rampage the village and lead us into a pincer attack.'

I looked around the room to ensure that no one was lost in my explanation due to new words they weren't familiar with, but everyone's eyes were intent and focused. If there were lost they did a very good job of hiding it.

"So, my idea is this, we need to use any means necessary to force there outlines to converge in-ward and change their E-formation in a V-formation."

I looked to the general letting him know it was his turn, he nodded and stood to speak.

"Yes, we have begun setting various traps along there expected course, however, we fear that even if their numbers are thinning out they will mindlessly continue due to their orders."

I responded, "Yes there is a chance of that, so my second part to my defensives strategy is a controlled burn. We will set the forest ablaze in the direction they are marching and force them in a path of our choosing. I am aware that this forest is your home though and I will not be upset if this plan doesn't sit well with you.

There was visible squirming and discontent among the onlookers. Even though I may have been able to curry their favor I was still a human.

"That will be no problem," said the queen, "as I told you I am able to use one six tier spell. The name of that spell is call reforestation, it gives me the ability to plant a forest anywhere I so please."

Reforestation was one of the spells that were given to me as well, I also know of the huge strain on mana it was. The more trees you plan the more it consumed, the silver lining though was the spell could also use corpse and consume the mana within it to plant on a tree. So, it may work out for the best.

For the last week, I've been leaving the village from dawn till dusk trying to learn and master all the new spells in my arsenal. Tasa was kind enough to sort and organize them in my mind and also give me a brief description of what they were capable of but to know the destructive range and ability of my spells I needed to be using to practice. To be perfectly honest with some of my new spells I could snuff out this entire goblin hoard with one of my more powerful spells, however, that would be way too boring. The fairy knights were also burning with so much intensity that I didn't want it to go to waste.