Chapter 8: Upset

Eliza's POV:

Cameron and Shawn walk in. I look up and avoid all eye contact with Cameron. I can't face him right now. I'm sure they probably regret everything but I still can't face them. It's too tough. I told them my name. I'm wondering how long it will take them to click. Yes I told them I'm the girl they used to bully but I also admitted something else. In my own way I told them that Cameron is my older brother.

I close my eyes and drift off to sleep. I wake to the noise of people talking. I sit up and see, Matthew, Aaron, Nash, Carter, Taylor, Cameron and Shawn in our room. I walk into the bathroom. I fix my hair and splash water over my face. I walk out and head to the door. Someone puts their hand on my shoulder. I jump and spin around. Shawn stands behind me. 'They want to talk to you,' he says. 'I know,' I say. I grab his hand and walk out of the room. In the hall I stop and face him.

Matts POV:

'I know,' she says. Then she grabs Shawns hand and walks out of the room. I hear them talking about something. 'Its okay,' I hear Shawn say. 'No it's not,' Eliza says back quietly. 'It'll be fine,' Shawn says. The door starts to open. 'No. I just admitted something that scares me,' she says. They walk in. What did she admit? I can't think.

Eliza's POV:

In the hall I explain to Shawn how they used to bully me. I tell him that this went on for 3 years. Then I lift up my top slightly and show him the bruises. 'Oh,' he says quietly. After he looks at the bruises I whisper, 'and to make things even worst Cameron is my older brother.' Shawn goes quiet then says, 'it's okay.' 'No it's not,' I say back. Shawn steps forward and gives me a hug. A tear slips down my cheek. Shawn lets go and I wipe my eyes. 'It'll be fine,' Shawn says opening the door. 'No it won't. I just admitted something that scares me,' I say as we walk in. I go over and sit on my bed. Shawn says something to the boys. They look at me then stand up. They walk over to me. I stand up. It seems like forever them they say, 'we are so sorry.' Wait. Did I just hear them correctly? Did they just apologise? I look at them then say, 'it's okay.' They step forward and give me a hug. I wince in pain. Taylor and Cam notice because they give each other worried looks. 'What,' I ask trying to act normal. 'You winced when we hugged you,' Taylor says. 'No I didn't,' I say. 'Yes you did,' Cam says. I sit down on my bed and look at the ground. 'Show them,' Shawn says. 'Show us what,' Matt asks? I look over at Shawn and shake my head. 'I can't,' I say. He looks at me for a while then says, 'show them.' This time it's more like a command. 'Show us what,' Nash asks confused. I stand up and lift my top up slightly. They all look shocked. 'Oh my gosh,' Carter says. 'How'd that happen,' Aaron asks. I drop my top back down and sit. 'From being kicked and punched,' I say. The boys look at the ground. 'I also have this one,' I say pushing my hair back from my face. Matt steps forward and traces the bruise on my cheek. 'I did this,' he asks. I nod. A year slips down my face. I wipe it away. 'Its alright. You can cry,' Taylor says and I do. I stop crying and Cam steps closer. 'What did you admit earlier that scares you,' he asks? I shake my head. I can't answer him not now anyway.