Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"WHAT DO YOU HAVE?" Agad na tanong ni Jayson nang malapitan si Dean. Busy ito sa kakasimsim ng Frappe habang nakakunot ang noo.

"You're here," sambit nito nang makita siya. He sat on the empty chair in front of him. Napapagitnaan nila ang mesa kung saan may nakalagay na folder.

"I thought you're a coffee kind of guy? Why the hell are you drinking Frappe?" Tanong niya.

Iniwas nito ang tingin sa kanya at binaba sa inomin na nasa harapan. "Because she likes it very much. I wonder why tho. Espresso is much tastier than Frappe."

Naiiling siyang tumawa. "We have different taste buds, Dean."

Bumuntong hininga ito ang itinabi ang Frappe tsaka nilagay ang dalawang braso sa mesa. "Your bitch ex, by the way, I've found out what she had been doing before she came back here." Anito at nilahad sa kanya ang folder na agad niyang binuksan. "That's her record from a mental institution in U.S. kung saan siya pina-admit ng pamilya niya. Nalaman kong nanatili pala siya ng ilang buwan sa mental hospital dahil sa pagkakaroon ng problema sa utak."

"What? Mental disorder? Kailan?" Sunod-sunod na tanong niya.

Sumimsim muna ito bago nagsalita. "If you look at the papers, you'll notice that some information are vague. Parang sinadya para hindi malaman ng kahit sino ang mga importanteng impormasyon. But sadly, I have a very obligated detective to find me an original one."

"Original? This is the hard copy?"

"Yep."

Napakunot ang noo niya. "Where did you get it?"

"U.S." Simpleng sagot ni Dean at suminsim ng Frappe tsaka bumuntong hininga. "This is stressing me as well so I want this to end as soon as possible."

By looking at his friend, he knew that there's something. "How's Serenity doing?" Tanong niya kapagkuwan.

Dean's face hardened and leaned his back to the leather sofa. "Why are you asking?"

Jayson snorted. "I'll ask, of course, co'z she's the sister of my girlfriend. Why, bud?"

Natawa nalang siya ng mahina nang samaan siya nito ng tingin. "It's none of your business."

"Akala ko ba you don't bed students?"

Dean arched an eyebrow. "Really? When did I say that? Are you sure it's me? Maybe you just heard that from someone else."

He scoffed. "Yeah right. And that someone else is my friend named Dean Montecillo, and I'm 101% sure that I've heard that from his own mouth."

"Fuck you..." Dean whisper making him laugh.

"But seriously, if you want someone to talk to, come to me. Maybe I can help."

Umingos ito. "Really, bud? Nagkalove-life ka lang?"

He smiled. "Unexpected, right? Even I never thought that love could change you in every way."

Ito naman ang tumawa. "How do I get her trust then?"

"Trust is a very big word for girls aside from promises. Hard to get but easy to break." Paninimula niya at inisip si Nysie. "I still remember the time when I have to prove it to her that I've changed by doing my very best." He chuckled. "You know that I don't take woman seriously. Then she came, she made me realized that there are some things that I cannot have even tho how much I try. But because I was so smitten over her, I look for a way to be notice by her. Then look at me now...happy and contented."

Napabuga si Dean ng hangin. "Sana all masaya."

"Why?" He asked. "You're not happy?"

Dean smile. "I'm happy but I still have my shits to mind."