→1.13←

June pushed open the doors and stood at the entrance of the room. She squinted, waiting for her brown eyes to adjust to the dim lighting. All around, teens twirled and ran about. June felt a little out of place, wearing Cassandra's hand-me down dress from the year before. Of course, she had never planned to go to prom, considering she was only a sophomore, but here she was.

Her hair fell in soft ringlets down her back, pinned back out of her face with bobby pins. Her bangs just barely brushed over her eyes, having grown a bit too long in their time there. Her dress was a glittering gold and off the shoulder. While it wasn't exactly her style, she couldn't deny the it was gorgeous.

"Ready?" Grizz smiled down at her, offering his arm out to escort her in.

June took in a deep breath before deciding it was simply too late to turn back, and looped her arm into his. As her heels clicked on the wood floor, her eyes scanned for her two favorite blondes. She had gotten ready alone at home, so she wasn't sure what Allie or Elle would be wearing, but she knew they'd both be stunning.

"I'm going to grab us some drinks," Grizz shouted over the music.

"I think I should stay away from alcohol tonight, just get me a soda," She requested, an embarrassed laugh escaping her lips as she thought back to the last time she got drunk. She didn't need a repeat of almost losing Allie again.

Grizz nodded, a knowing smile on his lips as he headed towards the refreshments. June shifted her weight to one side and stared on awkwardly, not entirely sure what to do with herself. She watched him take a shot and scrunch his nose up at the taste, before pouring himself a mixed drink and her a regular one.

"Alright, what should we hit first?" Grizz questioned as he made his way over to her, offering her the non-alcoholic drink. "There's the Photo Booth that way, or we could dance?"

Grizz's friendly smile eased her nerves, causing her to shoot a smile back. Little moments like these were when she found it easiest to be at peace. She wished she could live in them forever.

"Let's do photo booth." She nodded.

"Works for me," Grizz shrugged, allowing himself to be led in that direction. Cassandra and Gordie were currently taking photos, so June took a seat at the station next to it. Various items and glow-in-the-dark paints were laid out in front of them, all to use as props for the Photo Booth.

"Oh hell yeah," Grizz muttered to himself, plopping down beside June. Almost immediately, he got to work drawing out planets and stars along his gray sweatpants with the glow-in-the-dark fabric paint. June couldn't help but giggle, partially at his excitement but mostly at the fact that he chose to wear sweatpants.

June didn't want to get paint on Cassandra's dress, so she helped Grizz design his pants and waited. There were other props she could use, such as big sunglasses or little signs she could hold up, but she would worry about that when she got up there. Once Grizz finally seemed satisfied with the design of his pants, he stood and striked various poses, modeling his creation.

"What d'ya think?" He questioned, a cheesy grin spreading on his face.

June eyed his pants as he spun around, then brought her fingers to her lips and imitated a chef's kiss. Truthfully, they actually had done a pretty good job.

After posing for photos for a few minutes, June knew she would have to step out of her comfort zone and find something else to do at the dance. She didn't want to spend the whole night sitting, simply watching everyone else have fun. No, she wanted to live her life for once.

"I think I'm gonna go grab a drink, want to meet on the dance floor?" Grizz shouted over a 90's track that June didn't recognize.

"Sure," She nodded, parting ways from the boy.