→1.03←

June was awoken early the next morning by Allie coming into the room. She had tried to tiptoe around, so as not to disturb the girl, but June was a light sleeper. As the girl quietly rummaged through her closet, June sat up and rubbed at her eyes, wondering what time it was.

"Oh, you're up," Allie spoke when she turned around, granting the girl a smile. "Thanks for walking me back last night."

"Yeah, no problem, thanks for letting me sleep in your bed," June responded with a slight nod of the head.

She was unsure if she should just get up and leave now, seeing as there was no other reason for her to be here. She swung her legs around the side of the bed, her motions slow and tentative. All that she knew was she felt like an intruder in their home, seeing as she hardly knew them. But, she also knew she didn't want to go home, and have to sit alone.

"We're going to meet some people at the church, to talk about what's going on, if you want to come," Allie offered as she stepped out of the closet. 

Allie then turned her back to the girl and began to undress then redress for the day. June awkwardly averted her eyes, deciding to stare at her feet was her best option at that point. She then thought over the offer, and how in any other situation she would not have been invited to 'discuss what's going on,' seeing as no one would really care for her input. She considered going, just so she wouldn't have to be alone and because a situation like this would probably never arise again.

"I'm in my clothes from last night, and I don't have anything to change into," June voiced her only concern, looking down at her red tank top and jeans, then her jean jacket on the floor.

"Oh, you can borrow something of mine," Allie turned to face her, then nodded her head towards her closet with a shrug. "If you want to come, be downstairs in five, because we have to go."

With that, Allie turned and was out the door, leaving June to decide. She knew it would be a bunch of the seniors, plus her and Allie, and she wouldn't offer anything useful to the conversation. In fact, she knew she'd probably be too intimidated to talk at all. But, the alternative was going home, alone. So without giving it any more thought, she stood and went to Allie's closet, peering around. She figured she could keep on her mom jeans, and just pulled down a plain sweater to tug over her tank top. She then went over to Allie's vanity and raked her fingers through her hair, fixing her bangs, before heading out. 

"Ready?" Cassandra asked when June made it to the bottom of the stairs.

She nodded, and the three girls were out the door. Allie gave June a once over, a small smile on her face.

"I love that sweater," She noted. "You have good taste."

"Thanks," June responded shyly, looking down over her outfit. 

Allie then averted her attention to her older sister, who was quickly walking a few paces ahead of them. She quickened her pace to catch up with her, before tapping her on the shoulder.

"Did Will say anything to you last night? He was supposed to sleep over."

June bit down on her lip at the memory of Allie's revelation the night before. She wondered how much the girl remembered, and whether or not she should tell her everything she had said. Cassandra simply glanced back at her younger sister, clearly having more important things on her mind than Will, than turned her gaze forward again.

"I texted him and told him to meet at the church, but we didn't talk last night," Cassandra shrugged.

Allie sighed and slowed her pace, falling back in step with June. June offered her a sympathetic smile before setting her attention on the church coming up in front of them. When they arrived, Harry and Luke were already there, only looking half awake. As they waited, Will and Sam eventually showed up, too. June felt the group was a bit odd, but kept her thoughts to herself. What June hadn't been filled in on, that everyone else seemed to know, was that all wifi, cable, and calling outside of the town was completely down.