→1.10←

June was awaken by the sound of her phone ringing. She shot quickly up, immediately regretting doing so because of the ache in her head. She had no clue where she was, but instead of worrying about that, she searched the bed frantically for her ringing phone. Once she found it, she read 'Allie' across her screen and quickly answered.

"Hello?" June swung her legs around the side of the bed as she answered.

"June? Where are you?" Allie questioned worriedly.

"I don't..." June went to answer, but upon looking around the room let out a relieved sigh. "I think I'm in Grizz's room."

"Grizz's room?" Allie repeated, sounding a bit shocked. "Nevermind, it doesn't matter right now. Cassandra said we need to meet her at the hardware store. Can you get there?"

June nodded her head, despite the fact that Allie definitely couldn't see her. She then went to stand and abruptly fell back down on the bed, her head spinning. She realized she definitely wasn't sober, but she wasn't going to let that stop her from meeting up with the others.

"Yeah, uh, I'll see you there in a bit," She answered, placing a hand on her forehead in hopes of steadying the room.

"Okay, it's storming so be safe," Allie commanded, sounding like a mother, before ending the call.

June squeezed her eyes shut and let her phone fall to the ground. She wondered how she ended up there, and how long she had been asleep. She knew it couldn't be for too long, considering how drunk she still felt. As she searched her brain, hoping to pull out a memory, her jaw suddenly fell open. She did remember one thing. And that was coming out to Grizz.

"Grizz?" She shouted out, her voice sounding weak and scratchy. She was definitely dehydrated and needed water.

After a few moments, Grizz came running into the room frantically. She realized that calling out his name like that probably wasn't her best idea, seeing as she had been blackout drunk and he probably assumed something was really wrong. He seemed to relax as his eyes settled on the girl sitting up in his bed, seeming uninjured.

"Allie just called me, we need to get to the hardware store," June informed. Grizz immediately snorted in response and shook his head.

"We don't need to do anything. It's storming really bad out June, plus you don't look too good," He crossed the room to his nightstand and handed her a glass of water she hadn't realized was sitting there.

"Allie wouldn't have called if it wasn't really important," June countered after she gulped down the water.

"Neither of us can drive right now," Grizz crossed his arms. He didn't seem drunk to June, but she also couldn't really focus on anything at the moment, so she figured she'd take his word for it.

"So we'll walk," She settled, causing Grizz to sigh again. He had forgotten how stubborn the girl always was. "Look, Grizz, I'm not going to make you go, but I have to."

June forced herself to stand up, ignoring the ache in her head and the way the room spun. If she was going to have any chance of him letting her go, she'd have to prove she was in good enough shape to. Which meant she couldn't stumble or slur her words. She had to seem completely sober.

"Well, I'm not going to let you go alone," Grizz responded, finally accepting that he was defeated. He searched his closet for clothes and tossed her one of his hoodies. She hurriedly got dressed in her pants and his hoodie before running out. He grabbed a large umbrella from the corner of his room and went to lead the girl out.

Just as they were about to leave his house, June's phone buzzed again. She figured it was just Allie, questioning where she was, but was shocked to see Elle's name light up her screen. She was sure the two of them had never texted, and that she only had her number from the group message of everyone on the trip. Her heart seemed to freeze in her chest as she slowly forced herself to open the message.