→1.02←

"Hey uh, so who decided that we needed a flash mob?" Grizz questioned as him, Clark, and June joined other teenagers in the square.

June had decided to walk with Grizz back when they received the group message telling them to meet, and Clark tagging along seemed to just be an unpleasant side effect. She felt somewhat bad for being so annoyed by his presence, because she didn't really know him, but she couldn't help it. Something about the boy, as well as most of the other football players, made her skin crawl.

"I did," Cassandra informed, to no one's surprise.

"What the fuck, Cassandra?" Grizz grilled, causing June to shoot him a look.

She wasn't happy to be out either, but she respected what Cassandra was trying to do nonetheless. She shivered as a gust of wind ripped through, causing her to pull her jean jacket tighter around herself.

"Better than 200 people sending texts," Cassandra justified herself, before pressing on. "Has anyone been able to reach anyone?"

"No," The crowd echoed, all glancing around nervously.

"No one?"

"No," The crowd responded again, somewhat more aggravated this time around.

"Okay," Cassandra bit down on her lip, clearly trying to stay calm. "Well, there's... there's definitely a simple explanation."

It was clear the girl was trying to remain calm for the group, but her efforts fell flat for June. She could see through the girl's attempts and knew she was just as scared as the rest of them, which was terrifying. Due to none of their phones working and it seeming as if no adults were home, she felt it was most likely that the town was evacuated and service towers, but the idea of an evacuation made June jump to the conclusion something was really wrong with the town.

"Like what?" Jason pestered.

"Um, they uh..." She paused, searching for the words. "They were evacuated... after we left. And there was a miscommunication, and we were brought back here by mistake."

"Someone would still answer a phone," Kelly spoke up for the first time, arms crossed over her chest.

"Maybe they're asleep," Cassandra started to reason. "I don't know, maybe they're someplace with no reception. They're in a shelter with no reception or something. In the morning someone will answer a phone."

"Maybe it's not safe for us to be here, if they all left," Elle spoke up, garnering June's attention. June had gone to a dance competition once, to see one of her friends perform, and had gotten to see how amazing Elle was at dancing. She found herself admiring the girl from afar ever since.

"A couple hours isn't gonna make a difference," Cassandra reasoned. "We'll figure this all out in the morning. Right now we should just, uh, go home. Yeah, we should go home. And anyone who doesn't want to be alone can come back to our house, yeah? If you want."

"Yeah," Cassandra's younger sister, Allie, agreed.

"Is that your advice, Cassandra?" Harry spoke up now, challenging the blond leader.

"Yeah," She answered before looking down and shaking her head. "Yeah, Harry, just go to sleep."

With that, the murmurs of the group began. Everyone spoke amongst themselves, deciding on their next move in a town with no parents. Whispers of a party on the lawn began, causing June to roll her eyes. She was filled with too much fear and anxiety to even consider partying at the moment, not to mention she had no friends there. She wasn't exactly in the mood to be an outcast at an upperclassmen party. As June stood awkwardly on the outside of the group, deciding whether or not to walk home or to take Cassandra up on her offer, her eyes fell on someone who somehow looked more out of place than her; Elle.