Chapter 4

"What is it Ferb?"  I peer over his shoulder to see what the results said.  

There are quite a few emotions listed on the screen.  The first one on the list is love, unsurprisingly.  But it isn't romantic love.  It's just friendship love.  But that doesn't make any sense.  I didn't just feel friendship towards him.  I moved on to the one on the list.  

Admiration.  Really?  Not obsession or anything, just admiration.  Wow, I was not expecting that.  The third one really got to me though.  Depression.  

I stop reading the list and took a step back.

"Why does it say that?"  I ask quietly.

"Why do you think, Isabella?"  Ferb looks up at me from his seat.

"I've given up."  As I say it, I realize it's true.  I haven't had hope of him returning my feelings in years.  Perhaps I did truly love him a long time ago, but not anymore.

"I think so.  But he's still holding you back."  He shuts the program down, giving me a minute to collect myself.

How could I have so little connection to my feelings?  I've always thought that I was pretty in tune with myself, but I guess not.  My feelings towards him faded, but I had refused to let go of the fantasy.

"Thanks for everything, Ferb.  I'm going to go home.  I have a lot to think about."  I wave to him as I leave, unable to meet his eyes.  I run back home, confused tears stinging my eyes.  I don't know what to do.  I make it to my room before the tears fall.  I lean against my door, head in my hands.

I've wasted so much time on him.  I'm so stupid.  All that time I spent obsessing over every interaction.  Every time I turned down other plans to go be with Phineas.  All of the friendships that fell to the wayside.  And I couldn't blame Phineas for being oblivious.  It's all my fault.  I refused to move on, even when my heart had.  I refused to believe that there could be anyone else out there besides him.  

After a little while I move myself off of the floor and into bed.  It doesn't take very long for me to fall asleep.

***

I wake up as the setting sun casts long shadows outside my window.  I stretch, face feeling stiff, but more rested than I have been in a while.  I make my way downstairs and find my mother in the living room.

"Hello, Sleeping Beauty.  Are you feeling better?"  She looks up from her book to smile at me.

"Yeah, Mom."  I sit down next to her and put my head on her shoulder.  "How did you know I wasn't feeling good?"

"Ferb called to check on you."  She wraps an arm around me and kisses the top of my head.

"That was nice of him."  My cheeks flush from embarrassment.  He must think I'm so dumb after today.  

"Mmm-hmmm.  He's such a sweet young man."  She untangles herself from me as she stands.  "Are you feeling up for some food?  Baljeet's mom gave me a good curry recipe that I've been wanting to try."

"Sure Mom, that sounds great."  We head into the kitchen and I block thoughts of both of the Flynn-Fletcher boys from my mind.  

*********************************************

Sorry for the shortness of the Chapter!  

xoxo,

The Fan Fiction Goddess <3 <3 <3