𝟑𝟐 : 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐒 (rewriting)

per·i·car·di·tis
/ˌperəˌkärˈdīdəs/
inflammation of the pericardium

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

It had been three weeks since Jungkook had gotten in that horrific accident.

Taehyung was seated across Jin—both in Jungkook's room—holding the hand of the boy he loved. Jin looked at the two and smiled before takin a seat and beginning a conversation with Taehyung.

"I think he should be fully functional soon. He's starting to respond to external stimuli, which is great actually, but he hasn't started moving around much. I feel like with him he'll just kind of snap back into reality and be on the road to recovery," Jin said, watching Taehyung's face carefully for any drastic changes in his facia expression.

Taehyung only nodded and looked away from Jin at Jungkook, reaching out to softly rub his hands. Jungkook didn't move much, but it almost looked like he relaxed into Taehyung's touch.

"So, is he like unconscious or what's his like... condition?" Taehyung asked, not looking up from Jungkook but clearly addressing Jin.

"It's kind of hard to say, actually. He shows all the signs of a minimally conscious state, for example, blinking, reacting to you holding his hand and stuff like that," Jin began, motioning to Jungkook once he caught Taehyung's stare.

"But it's not considered a minimally conscious state until he's been like this for four weeks," Jin said and Taehyung nodded, still holding Jungkook's hand. "And I'm pretty sure it's only been—"

"Three weeks," Taehyung said, cutting Jin off suddenly. Jin nodded sadly and looked at Jungkook, feeling so bad for the situation the poor boy was in.

"I think he's making a lot of progress though," Jin said, his voice disrupting the uncomfortable silence that had settled over the room. "Because he's been responding to external stimuli, that is."

"In fact," Jin said, standing up abruptly. Taehyung looked confused and watched as Jin walked over to the space beside Jungkook's head.

"Hey, Jungkook. It's Jin. Can you open your eyes for me?" He asked, putting a comforting hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

Taehyung quirked an eyebrow at Jin when Jungkook didn't move, but his eyes widened to the size of saucers when he saw Jungkook's eyes opening slowly.

"Thank you, Jungkook. Taehyung's here too. Can you blink again for me to say hi to Taehyung?" He asked, and Taehyung stood up from the chair to peer over Jungkook's body.

Jungkook's eyes shut slowly again, but they reopened not long after. Taehyung felt his heart swell and held Jungkook's hand tighter.

"I noticed that he's been twitching his fingers too. I'm taking that as a sign that he's trying to start moving his hands again," Jin said, rubbing Jungkook's shoulder softly before moving away and sitting back down in his chair.

"You're doing so well, Jungkookie," Taehyung said, rubbing Jungkook's hand softly. Tears began to fill Jungkook's eyes. Taehyung frowned and moved his other hand to wipe away the tears that were spilling out of his eyes.

"Don't cry, baby," Taehyung said, wiping away tears that were trailing their way down Jungkook's face. Jungkook closed his eyes slowly but closed them tightly, causing the rest of his tears to spill out of his eyes. Taehyung sighed and wiped away Jungkook's tears, still holding his hand tightly.

"I think you'd be glad to hear that he dreamed last night," Jin said suddenly, and a pale pink blush dusted Jungkook's cheeks. Taehyung smiled fondly and rubbed Jungkook's hand softly before leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to Jungkook's cheek.

"It was really late last night, but I came in to check on him and he was dreaming. His mouth was twitching, too. It was like he was trying to smile," Jin said, and Taehyung felt his heart swell with pride and happiness.

Jungkook opened his eyes slowly again and looked up, actually making eye contact with Taehyung. Little tears pricked his eyes again and Taehyung was quick to wipe them away before they could leave stains on Jungkook's beautiful face. Jin smiled at the two, glad that Jungkook was on the road to recovery.

Jungkook's mouth began to twitch slightly, one corner moving upwards before falling back down to its normal place. Taehyung smiled sadly at Jungkook and held his hand. He brought Jungkook's hand up to his lips and pressed a soft kiss to it, afraid that he would never be able to see Jungkook's pretty smile ever again.

"Well, I'll give you two some alone time," Jin said before walking out of the ICU. Jungkook's eyes had never left Taehyung's and the boy looked up at Taehyung with pure adoration, even though half of his face was rendered immobile.

"Love you Jungkookie," Taehyung said, and leaned down to press another soft kiss to Jungkook's cheek. Jungkook's eyes threatened to spill over with tears again and he stared back at Taehyung, blinking slowly in response.

Love you too.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶